Sale, Pelletier, Robinson, Dubreuil, Lauzon Join 2010 Broadcast Team | Golden Skate

Sale, Pelletier, Robinson, Dubreuil, Lauzon Join 2010 Broadcast Team

Erica Lee

Rinkside
Jamie Sale, David Pelletier, Jennifer Robinson, Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon join CTV's 2010 Vancouver Olympic Broadcasting Team

It was announced today by CTV that IMG clients Jamie Sale, David Pelletier Jennifer Robinson, Marie-France-Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon will be part of their skating broadcasting team at the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Games. Jamie and David will be part of the opening ceremonies calling the exciting events as well as the Men's and Pairs events. They will also write for the CTV Olympic Website leading up to the games.

Jennifer Robinson will be an on air analyst for the Ladies and Dance events in Vancouver.

Dubreuil and Lauzon will be special guest analysts for the Dance events. They will report in English and in French.

[http://www.tsn.ca/ctvnews/?id=262388 gives some further info on announcers in other sports and the rest of the figure skating team.]

merrybari

Final Flight
Jamie Sale, David Pelletier, Jennifer Robinson, Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon join CTV's 2010 Vancouver Olympic Broadcasting Team

It was announced today by CTV that IMG clients Jamie Sale, David Pelletier Jennifer Robinson, Marie-France-Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon will be part of their skating broadcasting team at the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Games. Jamie and David will be part of the opening ceremonies calling the exciting events as well as the Men's and Pairs events. They will also write for the CTV Olympic Website leading up to the games.

Jennifer Robinson will be an on air analyst for the Ladies and Dance events in Vancouver.

Dubreuil and Lauzon will be special guest analysts for the Dance events. They will report in English and in French.

[http://www.tsn.ca/ctvnews/?id=262388 gives some further info on announcers in other sports and the rest of the figure skating team.]

Some great additions. Will be nice to have a fresh perspective from some new voices!! Looking forward to it. Especially as the US coverage is dubious at best. I'm lucky to be able to get cbc.

ikfan

Rinkside
Liz Manley

There was also a news blurp that also included Liz Manley. She said something to the effect that she could relate to the pressures of being in front of a home crowd

Axel Rose

On the Ice
Why isn't Liz Manley part of the broadcast team then? (Or was the first post quoting an IMG press release?) She'd be so interesting to listen to and could give insight to the audience about skating at the Olympics in your home country. I'd much prefer to hear her comments than those of Jennifer Robison. Ugh.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Does this mean they will be the commentators? I like to hear commentaries by David. Jamie, not so much. I've never heard the rest to any commentary before though.

Kypma

Final Flight
Why isn't Liz Manley part of the broadcast team then? (Or was the first post quoting an IMG press release?) She'd be so interesting to listen to and could give insight to the audience about skating at the Olympics in your home country. I'd much prefer to hear her comments than those of Jennifer Robison. Ugh.

I think Liz Manley was listed on the television website. Some however are cringing at the recollection of what she did during the Skate Canada Gala... which was totally embarrassing, especially for poor Joannie...

-Kypma

Winnipeg

Final Flight
I think Liz Manley was listed on the television website. Some however are cringing at the recollection of what she did during the Skate Canada Gala... which was totally embarrassing, especially for poor Joannie...

-Kypma

Yes, I remember that..........it was really embarrassing. I hope this announcement won't have Joannie cringing in her skate boots............

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Sounds Like a great cast. I only wish NBC would have such a good lineup. I guess we have to look foward to Bob Costas awkwardly muddling through the rulebook and what happend in skating since 2006.

Star85

Rinkside
Although we don't get CTV down here (wish it was on CBC. I do get that station), I'm glad to see Jamie and David on team. I liked there commentary on CBC, and I miss them. I remember one time Jamie got mad at David over the air about something. lmao! I don't remember what it was about though... Anyone else remember that?

waxel

Final Flight
Jamie and David were featured on the Olympic Ice program in 2006. If they're contracted with CTV I wouldn't think they could also be on the NBC show? This would mean NBC isn't doing it in 2010 or they aren't hiring Jamie and David. I thoroughly enjoyed the show and thought all the contributors- particularly Dick Button, Mary Carillo and David- were hilarious and informative. I thought it was pretty successful- hope it'll be back.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Here is the kicker: Rod Black is back.

Figure Skating
Rod Black – Play-by-Play Announcer

Now, I'm going to count the numbers of times he will say "Elvis Stojko", "Oh man", "That is an enormous axel", "jumping jock", etc.

WildRose

Rinkside
Here is the kicker: Rod Black is back.

Figure Skating
Rod Black – Play-by-Play Announcer

Now, I'm going to count the numbers of times he will say "Elvis Stojko", "Oh man", "That is an enormous axel", "jumping jock", etc.

And don't forget "but he didn't land the quad" - as if that's the only thing that matters in skating.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sounds Like a great cast. I only wish NBC would have such a good lineup. I guess we have to look foward to Bob Costas awkwardly muddling through the rulebook and what happend in skating since 2006.

Nothing personal against Bob Costas, but do we have to be subjected to Tom Hammond's inane comments on NBC again? :rolleye:

I do hope that we get back "Olympic Ice," though. That was an awesome show. :clap:

rain

Record Breaker

I must disagree with this sentiment, particularly the comment about Jennifer Robinson. I'm neither here nor there on Manley as a commentator, but I think Robinson will be fantastic. As much as I was never a big fan of her skating, I had absolutely no quibble with how she presented herself and represented Canada to the media etc. She was always very cogent and intelligent, even when the commentators stuck a mic in her face while she was still breathing hard from performing. She had a natural and easy manner in front of the camera, in both French and English. I think she will make an excellent part of the broadcast team.

The one I'm cringing about is Rod Black, who I find stupid and insufferable when it comes to figure skating. Any word on if Tracy Wilson will be doing commentary for anyone? She's my absolute favourite commentator.

MissCleo

On the Ice
Is CTV only showing the Olympics? Will I be able to watch the rest of the figure skating season on CBC?