BOI poll: favorite ladies | Golden Skate

BOI poll: favorite ladies

If you haven't seen it yet, here are the results of the recent Internet poll conducted by Blades on Ice magazine, for favorite ladies.

1. Michelle Kwan
2. Katia Gordeeva (!!!!)
3. Sasha Cohen (in the top three, as expected)
4. Irina Slutskaya
5. Tara Lipinski
6. Kristi Yamaguchi (yay!)
7. Angela Nikodinov
8. Yoshie Onda (ahead of Suguri, Arakawa, Ando and Ota)
9. Yuka Sato (but not a very good picture of her in the magazine. Shot from above, it makes her look short and stubby.)
10. Sarah Hughes (tie)
11. Elena Sokolova (tie)

Comments?

Last edited:

nymkfan51

Medalist
Well ... I'm delighted (and not surprised) that Michelle is at the top. :love:

What I am most shocked at is the placement of the reigning Olympic Champion ... oh what a difference a year makes! :eek:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Not at all surprised by Michelle being first, :D but I am pleasantly surprised to see Angela, Katia, and Yuka on there too. Those are three other ladies whose skating I admire a great deal and its fabulous that enough other people feel that way to put them on this list. Good list overall! :D

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
super surprised that Yuka came behind Yoshie.
But glad that both are there.
dpp

Joe, each computer could vote only once. I guess they kept track of your IP number.

I know this because I tried to vote for Michelle twice, and I got a screen: You already voted! (But that didn't stop me from voting once at home and once at work.;) )

If anyone has the magazine, check out the photos of Irina in the feature article. She's never looked cuter or sassier.

Irina's and Michelle's hair are both the same color. Auburn, with lighter streaks. But Irina's is shorter. They both look like a million dollars.

I love this sport!

Mathman

Wow, Tara ahead of Kristi. I'm glad Tara's got her fans. Kristi's got a hunky hubby and a baby.

I'm glad to see Angela N. on the list. We still love you, Angela! Heal your shoulder and skate for us again, please!

And I'm not at all surprised by Katia in second. Obviously people know who she is, what she's been through, and what magnificent pair skaters she and Sergei Grinkov were. Also, after a brief period of controversy a while back involving what seemed to me to be a vocal minority, I think people are happy to see her moving forward with her life; happy with Ilia, Daria, and Elizaveta; and still skating.

Yoshie doesn't surprise me either. The poll was international and she is very popular. Even if you don't like her skating, she's so spunky in the K&C, ya gotta love her!

And Yuka, of course, such a class act. Bad angles can't TOUCH Yuka!
Rgirl

Last edited: