2. Alissa Czisny
3. Mao Asada (or Laura Lepisto)

Men
1. Patrick Chan
2. Jeremy Abbott
3. Johnny Weir

Pairs
1. Kawaguchi/Smirnov
2. Iliushechkina/Maisuradze (although I don't dream of typing those names again and again)
3. Volosozhar/Morozov

Dance
1. Domnina/Shabalin
2. Virtue/Moir
3. Davis/White

berrycute

On the Ice
And I am going to be really mean and say the skaters I really DON'T want to medal:

Ladies
Granny (although I don't think she will), Joannie Rochette
I know some people love these skaters (esp. Joannie) but I just don't like their styles (I know I know, I must be crazy because I like Carolina and not Joannie who is apparently SO MUCH BETTER but whatever, I like what I like). I think Joannie's long program suffers in comparison to MK's 2003 version.

Men
Evan Lysacek, Brian Joubert

Pairs
Zhang/Zhang, Savchenko/Szolkowy (their short program is the single worst thing I have ever seen in my life).

Dance
Delobel/Schoenfelder

skatingfan04

Final Flight
This will be fun...:chorus:

Men
Patrick Chan (Would that make him one of the youngest mens world champs ever?)
Nobunari Oda (Is he going to worlds??)
Yannik Ponsero (Love his new style this season.)

Ladies
Joannie Rochette (She's had the season of her life, and her programs are actually worthy of the title this year.)
Yu-Na Kim (I adore her SP, and love how much her expression has improved.)
Asada

Pairs
Dube/Davison (Their artistry is paralleled only by the Germans (IMO), and I'd love to see them get rewarded for it like lasy year.)
Savchenko/Szolkowy (They're awesome.)
Pang/Tong

Ice Dance
Virtue/Moir (If anyone can pull off the impossible, its them.)
Delobel/Schoenfelder (Still the classiest team around, and I'd love to see them succeed again this year.)
Davis/White (Their FD is definately worthy of a world medal.)

I know, I know, i'm being completely biased, but hey, a girl can dream.:biggrin:

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
This will be fun...:chorus:

Men
Nobunari Oda (Is he going to worlds??)
Yannik Ponsero (Love his new style this season.)

Yes Oda is going because he's the Japanese champion

My dream podium?

1 - Fumie :biggrin:
2 - Yu-Na and Alissa (same result in both SP and LP, so two silver medals)
3 - Laura

1 - Glenn ( = Jeremy)
2 - Patrick
3 - Takahiko

Last edited:

Kasey

Medalist
Men:

Ponsero
Kozuka
Chan

Dance:

Delobel/Schoenfelder
Davis/White
Kerr/Kerr

Pairs:
Mukhortova/Trankov
Savchenko/Szolkowy
Iliushechkina/Maisuradze

Ladies:
Don't care, just really hope Kostner doesn't medal for a crap performance again

skatefun

Spectator
MENS

Gold-Chan
Silver-Kozuka
Bronze-Abbott

Ladies

Gold-YNK
Silver-Joannie
Bronze-Mao

Dance

Gold-V/M
Silver-Del/Scho
Bronze-D/W

Pairs

Gold-P/T
Silver-Dube/Davison
Bronze-S/S

McWicked

On the Ice
MEN

Abbot
Chan
Evan

Ladies

Yuna (this season she deserves it!!!)
Lepisto (Kostner is soooo overrated INMHO)
Asada

Dance

Davis & White (the thread says dream podiums & Im dreamin a lot here)
Del/Scho
Virtue & Moir

Pairs

P/T
Dube/Davison
S/S

Men

I can't think of a younger one. Dick Button was 18 years 8 months when he won worlds in 1948 (he was robbed in 1947 :laugh: ). Evgeny Plushenko was 18 years 4 months when he won in 2001.

Partick will be 18 years two-and-a-half months old in mid-March. :yes:

Medusa

Record Breaker
I can't think of a younger one. Dick Button was 18 years 8 months when he won worlds in 1948 (he was robbed in 1947 :laugh: ). Evgeny Plushenko was 18 years 4 months when he won in 2001.

Partick will be 18 years two-and-a-half months old in mid-March. :yes:
Yagudin was born on 18th March 1980 and became World Champion at Worlds 1998, those Championships were from the 29th March till 5th April 1998.

Quote from Iceskatinginternational
Yadugin is the second youngest men's World Champion, just 6 days older than the record holder, Donald MacPherson of Canada.

R.D.

Record Breaker
My dream Finish for the ladies is not quite clear-cut, but I can tell you such a podium would be missing Mao Asada and Kim Yu Na.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I want to see just the older guys on the podium. Nobody under the age of 22 need apply :cool:.

I'd love for Carolina Kostner to get a medal/win with two good performances. I'm not counting on it, though.

Dance - for the Kerrs to get a medal would be really cool but probably unlikely. I can't imagine they'll continue after next year, Sinead is already 30 and John is 28 or 29. And I'd like to see Del/Schoe defend their title.

Pairs: S/S, D/D, and V/M, in whatever order.

There are some skaters I'd rather see off the podium, but I decline to say which ones as I prefer this to be a positive thread.

life684

Final Flight
Mens
1) Ponsero
2) Oda
3) Abbott

Sorry Joubert :cry:

Womens
1) Asada
2) Kim
3) Ando

Pairs
1) Kawaguchi/smirnov
2 Pang/Tong
3) Savchenko/Szolkowy

ice Dance

1) Domnina/Shabalin
2) Deobel/Schoenfolder
3) Virtue/Moir

Sorry Khokhlova/Novitski, can't find a place to put you in top 3, well well, there is next time.

Ok, I will be over the Moon if Ponsero(all time favorite with yagudin) wins the title and hopefully Olympics.

I will be happy if Maxim(Shabalin) doesn't screw up at the worlds, if he does She (Domnina) should find a new partner, may be Kostomorov

and

Mukhortova/ Trankov will have a Free program free of mistake(at this point it is close to nominated for 8th Wonder)

Apologies in advance for distasteful English, it is not my 1st language and can't find a means to improve it.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Mens
1) Ponsero
2) Oda
3) Abbott

Ok, I will be over the Moon if Ponsero(all time favorite with yagudin) wins the title and hopefully Olympics.

It's not so impossible. I mean, this season is so unpredictable. We could see anyone of the top men wins the gold (how many are they? five, six?)
Sometimes an underdog skates a good short program, and while everybody talk about the most famous skaters who could do this and that, the underdog skate a perfect long, the others fall and ta-ta! a surprising winner.
Anyway don't forget Samuel Contesti! He will surprise you, I'm sure.
ah, and don't worry about your English. I make horrible mistakes sometimes but the people here is so kind that don't point it out to me :biggrin:

Hiara80

On the Ice
dream podium:

1 Carolina Kostner
2. Mao Asada
3. Yu Na Kim

1 Chan
2 Joubert
3 Contesti

for paris and dance i don't know...i love too many of them

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
GiuliaPlum, I :love: your signature picture of Jeremy. Also, I'd be very delighted at a podium that included Abbott, Ponsero, and Contesti in any order. I love them all so much! :bow::love:

Honestly, I'm a fan of so many of the men that my dream podium changes a lot in this particular discipline. So many of them are so wonderful! :)

Last edited:

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
GiuliaPlum, I :love: your signature picture of Jeremy. Also, I'd be very delighted at a podium that included Abbott, Ponsero, and Contesti in any order. I love them all so much! :bow::love:

Honestly, I'm a fan of so many of the men that my dream podium changes a lot in this particular discipline. So many of them are so wonderful! :)

thank you! I'm making some Jeremy banners in these days!

figuristka

Medalist
This is of skaters we know who are going

Men
1 Chan
2 Kozuka
3 Joubert

Ladies
1 Rochette
2 Phaneuf
3 Mao

Pairs
1Dube davison
2Pang Tong
3liushechkina Maisuradze

Dance
Virtue moir
Davis White
Kerr's

Trewyn

Medalist
Ladies:

1. Ashley Wagner (well...she's 2nd alternate...it is 'absolute dream podium')
2. Laura Lepisto
3. Fumie Suguri
(4. Joannie Rochette)

Men:

1. Kevin van der Perren
2. Takahiko Kozuka
3. Patrick Chan
(4. Jeremy Abbott)