Pairs LP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Click the icon that's shaped like a video camera. I had to wonder around aimless clicking for a while too!!!

Thanks for the link btw

Thank you for the info. I got it to work for me. WOW Dube/Davidson they were on tonight, Congratulations to the podium finishers. Meagan and Craig did a good job, Silver is nothing to sneeze at.

Michelle'sFan

Rinkside
I was hoping that Meagan and Craig caould pull off an upset in their second season together but silver is nothing to be ashamed of! Congrats to Canada for two great teams!

Michelle'sFan

EDIT: I just had a thought: Meagan and Craig won bronze last year, silver this year...gold next year? I can dream. :)

Last edited:

i love to skate

Medalist
What a fantastic skate from D/D! I really enjoyed the expression of the program and their edges and skating quality are second to none. I was very impressed with Jessica, speaking after the Short Program, as she talked about the fall on the Salchow and stated "Next time, I'm going to land it" Great to see her speak with some determination and confidence!

amateur

Final Flight
I was really impressed with Dube/Davison

They were spot on in that performance, with improved expression,
showing a sort of dramatic fire that I think is a bit new for them. This dropped off ever so slightly in second half. Love the way the ending is choreographed out of the spin. I wasn't in the arena, but they looked to have good command of the ice.
Lifts each flowed greatly traveling the entire length of rink.
I think the grand prix disappointment perhaps did them some good.
A couple of very minor errors (temporary loss of unison in sbs spin, Bryce stepping out of 2t in combo), but bravo!

Duhamel/Buntin skated very respectably, but could not compare - whether it's their lack of polish showing against a masterful performance by a more seasoned team, or else just not quite being in the zone today... nevertheless, they were focussed and gave it their competitive best - bravo!

rain

Record Breaker
I was really impressed with Dube/Davison

They were spot on in that performance, with improved expression,

I thought the improved expression was really notable too. I wasn't crazy about this program when I first saw it and the problem was that they didn't seem to know what they were trying to convey with it, it was just a series of elements at the time. Here, however, it had an intensity to it that was captivating and it seemed as if the skaters understood the intention of it a lot more and were thus able to allow the audience to get a lot more out of it.

amateur

Final Flight
I agree that D/D had seemed a bit at a loss with this music in their first performances, but I did have a feeling they'd go somewhere with it... and voila!
I hope they KEEP growing with it though - it demands fire from them, not complacency...

skatingfan04

Final Flight
I thought the improved expression was really notable too. I wasn't crazy about this program when I first saw it and the problem was that they didn't seem to know what they were trying to convey with it, it was just a series of elements at the time. Here, however, it had an intensity to it that was captivating and it seemed as if the skaters understood the intention of it a lot more and were thus able to allow the audience to get a lot more out of it.

I COMPETELY agree. When I saw the program at SC, I thought the music and choreo was ok, but kind of blah. Today, they were really in character, and it made me look at the program completely differently. They were so fierce and there was such a connection, that they made the program seem like a great piece of work (which I think it is), and I suspect that is how the jodges saw it as well. I think that they've finally proved that they can pull off more dramatic programs, and not just the soft,romantic stuff. I think they have a great balance this year, with the beautiful Coldplay SP and this fierce FS. Go D/D!!!!:rock:

Last edited:

Winnipeg

Final Flight
Rachel Kirkland / Eric Radford - Central Ontario

Big disappointment considering the hype they have been getting. Good program though.

Marks: 78.00
Total: 127.77

What a disaster for them. She said she was sorry at the end but they are no longer on the National Team. Kurt made a comment that she was on the edge of being too tall for pairs. Any thoughts? Will Radford look for someone new?

Another disaster was the last place team where she fell on her head out of a lift - scary to watch.

nadster

Final Flight
What a disaster for them. She said she was sorry at the end but they are no longer on the National Team. Kurt made a comment that she was on the edge of being too tall for pairs. Any thoughts? Will Radford look for someone new?

It is sad that Kirkland does not have the jumps because she definitely has the it factor in her skating ( something I even saw with her previous partner when she was in pre-novice). She was never that consistent a jumper before the growth spurt anyway.

Kirkland is very young so she still has time to get the jumps back. But I doubt that she will ever be consistent with the jumps.

Radford would be a great partner for just about any capable and compatible female.