GS article on Rochette | Golden Skate

GS article on Rochette

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow! Thanks for posting. What a great read! :thumbsup:

Joannie Rochette always comes across so honest, analytical, and articulate, and she had very nice things to say about Oksana Baiul, Michelle Kwan, Yu-Na Kim, and Mao Asada. What a classy, lovely lady she is! She is to be admired as well. Bravo, Joannie! I wish her much happiness and success.:love::bow:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks! What a great article! ;) :biggrin:

Congrats to Joannie on her 5th Canadian title! :party:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Does anybody know what the record is for consecutive national title for ladies in canada? Joannie should be close.

amateur

Final Flight
Great article -- thanks to the one who posted it, and thanks to the author as well!y

Joannie is really an admirable athlete and young woman. And so smart!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anybody know what the record is for consecutive national title for ladies in canada? Joannie should be close.

1 more win and Joannie ties for most Canadian senior titles in ladies. Jennifer Robinson won 6 titles and currently holds that record. I believe Rochette has said on one occasion that she'd like to attempt to break that record. Hopefully, that means she sticks around past Vancouver!

Great article -- thanks to the one who posted it, and thanks to the author as well!
The author, Tatiana Flade, is a regular correspondent for the Golden Skate web site. You can check out her recent articles and interviews of the GS main page, and in the archives section.

http://www.goldenskate.com/

The original poster, "gsk8," is the owner and administrator of Golden Skate. :rock:

amateur

Final Flight
Ah, thanks for getting me acquainted with the local celebrities... perhaps I should do some research.

Good work, gsk8, and Ms. Flade! :rock:

Last edited:

Wrlmy

Medalist
That was a great article. Joannie has marvelous attitude, and it's really paying off. I really hope she can bring more attention and popularity to ladies skating in Canada. I found it interesting she was inspired by Oksana Baiul, as they have very different styles.