21 - Alena Leonova - JW and Worlds
27 - Oksana Gozeva - JW
29 - Elena Glebova - Worlds
30 - Yan Liu - Worlds
31 - Katrina Hacker - JW
33 - Jenna McCorkell - Worlds
34 - Kiira Korpi - Worlds
37 - Anette Dytrt - Worlds

If 5 of the above ladies beat Lacoste's scvore of 146.18, she falls out of the top 24 and won't be guaranteed a GP spot. I think she would likely get the 3rd Skate Canada spot if that happened.

nadster

Final Flight
I can see a number of skaters who could pass Lacoste on the SB list:

21 - Alena Leonova - JW and Worlds
27 - Oksana Gozeva - JW
29 - Elena Glebova - Worlds
30 - Yan Liu - Worlds
31 - Katrina Hacker - JW
33 - Jenna McCorkell - Worlds
34 - Kiira Korpi - Worlds
37 - Anette Dytrt - Worlds

If 5 of the above ladies beat Lacoste's scvore of 146.18, she falls out of the top 24 and won't be guaranteed a GP spot. I think she would likely get the 3rd Skate Canada spot if that happened.

Thanks chuckm. What is in Lacoste's favour though is that 4CC marking has traditionally been much more generous that that in junior and senior worlds. I think it is reasonable to say a few of those ladies mentioned will pass her but I have a feeling that not enough of them will pass her to kick her out of the top 24.

I do agree with your point about what will happen if Lacoste is not in the top 24 on the season best list though. Most likely she will then get Skate Canada. I am sure she would get a second assignment somewhere though as in a worst case scenario she would not be far outside that top 24..

Skate Canada made a grave mistake by not sending a second entry to Nebelhorn last year to give Samson competition for the 3rd SC slot, unlike what they did for all other disciplines. Samson did not even manage to finish in the top 75 on the season best list at Skate Canada. Therefore Samson can't even get consideration for any slots after all those who were guaranteed theirs were given slots.

I am sure that SC won't make that mistake again.

Last edited: