Compulsory Dance Results | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Compulsory Dance Results

lmarie086

Medalist
Keeping my fingers crossed for the Kerrs!

And with that, I am now off to class. The men are later today right? I'm going to go crazy wondering about it.

beep_beep

Medalist
Keeping my fingers crossed for the Kerrs!

And with that, I am now off to class. The men are later today right? I'm going to go crazy wondering about it.
No, today it's pairs.
Men are on tomorrow.

Last edited:

victoria90

On the Ice
Aww I missed some serious exciting CD, I even got :eek: while reading this thread :laugh:
Yay! So happy for the Kerrs!:biggrin:

I think tonight is the Pair's SP

Last edited:

MarieM

On the Ice
The Kerrs can't do CDs to save their lives and yet are awarded third place.
DomShab skated like shadow and are in fifth.

I love ice dance:chorus:

Medusa

Record Breaker
They'll have to fend off not only Pechelat & Bourzat, but Domnina and Shabalin, only a point and a half behind them. The top two seem clear enough.
But isn't the CD normally the Kerrs' least strong segement? They might be able to keep the placement - and Pechelat&Bourzat often lose lots of points with their freedance.

Last edited:

beep_beep

Medalist

Yeah, what do you know ??!!!
Surprises, surprises, some good, some bad.

This championship looks so promising...

It comes to show that we can predict close to nothing.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I usually love the Kerrs and prefer them to Nathalie and Fabian, but I really would have put the latter before them.

Well at least this means that Sinead and John are on a good path for a medal.

antmanb

Record Breaker

I'm not sure that you can say that Kerrs can't do CDs to save their lives . The CD is usually their weakest segment of the competition but that isn't to say that they can't do them at all. They have consistently improved their CDs both under their previous coaches and now under Platov.

Did you miss the part in DomShabs skate where he fell? The -1 for the fall coupled with the effect the fall must have had on the PCS means if he hadn't fallen they would likely have been ahead of the Kerrs.

Ant

Buttercup

Record Breaker
But isn't the CD normally the Kerrs' least strong segement? They might be able to keep the placement - and Pechelat&Bourzat often lose lots of points with their freedance.
Pechalat/Bourzat beat Faeilla/Scalli on both the OD and the FD at NHK, so there's hope yet for the 3rd and 4th place teams.

The judges have a strange habit of disregarding mistakes from F/S - wobbles, falls and near-falls. I thought they were very lucky to come away with the NHK win and if they made mistakes today, I really don't see why they are second. Of course, that Dom/Shab can be in 5th with a fall - and that close to the top teams - is far more questionnaible.

MarieM

On the Ice
I'm not sure that you can say that Kerrs can't do CDs to save their lives . The CD is usually their weakest segment of the competition but that isn't to say that they can't do them at all. They have consistently improved their CDs both under their previous coaches and now under Platov.

Did you miss the part in DomShabs skate where he fell? The -1 for the fall coupled with the effect the fall must have had on the PCS means if he hadn't fallen they would likely have been ahead of the Kerrs.

Ant

I am saying they can't do CD and never will be.
They don't get the "it" to learn it nor have the power to do it, because John is very weak compared to Sinead. A fact they hide very well in ODs and FDs.
This result is ridiculous.
The judges held the PCS for ALL teams because of DomShab fall. That is so wrong when they just don't skate. Come on, they were not on the ice this afternoon. 7's for SS all right, but the rest was barely worth 6s.

The only team saluted by Rakkhamo/Kokko were BTW sixth place team of Pernelle CARRON / Matthieu JOST.

antmanb

Record Breaker
I am saying they can't do CD and never will be.

In your opinion, I would disagree, and thankfully the international judges are starting to disagree that they can't do CDs.

They don't get the "it" to learn it nor have the power to do it, because John is very weak compared to Sinead. A fact they hide very well in ODs and FDs.
I'm not sure that i understand your first sentence, but they certainly have put in an awful lot of work into their CDs to improve and they have consistently improved them. I agree that John is the weaker of the two, however, there is no hiding in the ODs or FDs in the twizzle sequences where John frequently does make mistakes.

The judges held the PCS for ALL teams because of DomShab fall. That is so wrong when they just don't skate. Come on, they were not on the ice this afternoon. 7's for SS all right, but the rest was barely worth 6s.

I think i must have missed the point of your first post since i thought you were complainign at DomShabs being so low as 5th place, though you seem to be saynig the exact opposite that they should have been lower.

The only team saluted by Rakkhamo/Kokko were BTW sixth place team of Pernelle CARRON / Matthieu JOST.

While Rakkhamo/Kokko are the inventors of the dance they are certainly not the judges, so while their opinion is useful to know - its the judging panel which have to make the decision.

Ant

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
The only team saluted by Rakkhamo/Kokko were BTW sixth place team of Pernelle CARRON / Matthieu JOST.[/QUOTE]

C/J were some sort of test pilots when R/K made the dance. They where also the ones to demonstrate the dance to the judges.

herios

Medalist
Pechalat/Bourzat beat Faeilla/Scalli on both the OD and the FD at NHK, so there's hope yet for the 3rd and 4th place teams.

The judges have a strange habit of disregarding mistakes from F/S - wobbles, falls and near-falls. I thought they were very lucky to come away with the NHK win and if they made mistakes today, I really don't see why they are second. Of course, that Dom/Shab can be in 5th with a fall - and that close to the top teams - is far more questionnaible.

Dom / Sha got the same treatment like Bel / Ago at Worlds, in both cases 5th place with a fall was a GIFT!!!

Nothing has been decided. It will be a tense competition with mistakes, therefore I think within 2-5 places, it's still opened