Men's SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's SP

Medusa

Record Breaker
Buttercup, lots of those guys at the beginning, including Contesti, didn't have any Grand Prix events. For some this is the first competition of the season, others have perhaps done Nebelhorn or something like that at the beginning of the season. So I think it's pretty logical that lots of guys have beaten their SB so far.

Lutai is so pretty...

The last two groups make clear who has the power in men's skating in Europe: out of the 5 competitors in each of the last two groups there is one from Russia, Czech Republic, France and Sweden.

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Buttercup, lots of those guys at the beginning, including Contesti, didn't have any Grand Prix events. For some this is the first competition of the season, others have perhaps done Nebelhorn or something like that at the beginning of the season. So I think it's pretty logical that lots of guys have beaten their SB so far.
I was talking about PBs as they appear in the ISU bios, not SB scores which I agree are pretty meaningless at this point. Contesti improved his PB by about 15 points, so did the Polish guy, and Nurmenkari by over ten.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I was talking about PBs as they appear in the ISU bios, not SB scores which I agree are pretty meaningless at this point. Contesti improved his PB by about 15 points, so did the Polish guy, and Nurmenkari by over ten.
Nuremenkari was probably technically clean, he nearly hit 40 on TES. We all know that he can do a 3A, he probably managed to do that today.

Contesti was technically picture perfect, his spins and steps look high level - Lysacek would have gotten 80+ for that performance. And I think they are equal PCS wise.

Gracias Javier! He is enriching the European scene! What a score! And he only had 3-2!!! Did they give him level 4 footwork?

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I gave those three as an example but really they're not the only ones. If the guys go clean, I think we might see some very big scores in the final two groups.

Medusa

Record Breaker
If Javi didn't stop he would be tied with Lutai
Yeah, it's a shame. But I am still rooting for a Top Ten placement for Javier. It could be really possible that they gave him very high levels for the non jump elements, otherwise I can't explain this world-class TES.

enlight78

Medalist
I wonder if skaters are going to just skate through malfunctions since two points can really hurt your placement.

sigrid

On the Ice
I'm so proud of Javier :) and he's improved a lot since he's training with Morozov.
His LP is great, you'll see tomorrow ;)

I liked Contesti a lot too.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Grütter is training Contesti?!? :rock:

Oh, Verner just said that he agrees with Brian: "The Quad is extremely important" I just love their Bromance.

They showed parts of Joubert's new long program; what I saw looked great!

Last edited: