NBC coverage pairs LP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

NBC coverage pairs LP

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They went for everything they could, and they didn't fall down.

Well, Inoue/Baldwin skated as slow as a novice team. They were so dull and sloppy, regardless of the fact that they didn't fall, which is why I commented that an international panel would not have let them break 100 with that skate. Their PCS would have been very low judged by international judges.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Why is there something wrong with him????

there isn't. He's a very short pairs skater. he needs a smaller partner. girls that are younger are typically smaller. once his partner hits her growth spurt he's stuck.

lmarie086

Medalist
I so wish Brooke and Ben could skate two great programs and win it again... they're in a class all their own when they're on.

Same!! They have been my favorite US pairs team since 2007 Nationals. If only they could have a season completely healthy, it's a shame that we aren't getting to see them at full potential (because I think they have a lot of it, and IMO they are the most musical US team currently by far).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Something is very wrong with him, he always has VERY young partners.

and he's from than Ellenton, FL, group that often has these young/old pairs, (of course, as does the Broadmoor group). It appears to be the current fashion in US pairs.

kate

On the Ice
there isn't. He's a very short pairs skater. he needs a smaller partner. girls that are younger are typically smaller. once his partner hits her growth spurt he's stuck.

Caydee looks like she's done growing and maturing -- much more so than Keauna McLaughlin does actually -- which bodes well for them, though.

gold12345

Medalist
I'm going to change it up a little.... I am THRILLED Keauna and Rockne won :rock::rock: Caydee and Jeremy need more polish, better choreography, and something harder than a side by side 2A. It was a close result, and I am happy with the result. :) And our World team is exciting. I think we have a legit chance now to get three spots for the Olympics. :rock:

OnTheEdge

Rinkside
Yay for Caydee and Jeremy - you were AWESOME!!! Happy for Keauna and Rockne! Still missing the magic and thrill of events of old. Remember Sarah Hughes winning the Olympics with cheated triples...? But what a skate she had that night of the free skate, and the energy felt in the arena - let alone what we watched and felt on TV. Too bad Michelle wasn't skating in the new system then - she'd have an Olympic Gold no doubt, even with a fall.:yes:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Have they announced the pairs World Team yet? I

The Teams have not been announced yet. IMO, the pairs for sure should be the gold and silver medalists from today's competition. If any panel selects I/B after their skate today, I seriously have to question their mental judgment. I have a feeling we won't have confirmation until after the mens' LP tomorrow or maybe not until the Gala is broadcasted next weekend. Actually, with Belbin/Agosto being questionable, we may not know all of the teams until much later. I suspect Tanith/Ben will be required to skate at 4CC???

Tigger

Final Flight
Thank you Kate...but I don't have DVR...I was trying to record it onto a separate DVD recorder...but it would not let me....oh well :`(

Well, that's odd because that's same set up I have and I had no problem recording the coverage today. Wonder why and it's a shame you weren't able to burn it to watch later.

Marine63

Rinkside
Well, Inoue/Baldwin skated as slow as a novice team. They were so dull and sloppy, regardless of the fact that they didn't fall, which is why I commented that an international panel would not have let them break 100 with that skate. Their PCS would have been very low judged by international judges.

ITA. John Baldwin can't do a triple jump to save his life and he's a former singles skater to boot. His 15 minutes of figure skating fame is up. Please retire John. You are embarassing. It's like the band stop playing but they don't realize the music has stopped.

Is the camera operator drunk? . . . seems to be having an awful lot of difficulty keeping both skaters in the frame. Really annoying!
Yeah, for the ladies, too, there were too many close-ups where you couldn't really see the skating.

Marine63 said:
His 15 minutes of figure skating fame is up. Please retire John.
Then again, he had a pretty long fifteen minutes. :) I&B's placements at U.S. Nationals for the last nine years were 11th, 4th, 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd. Lots of teams have come and gone since 2001, Rene and John just keep on skatin'. :)

That was funny when the announcer mentioned John's on-ice proposal a year ago. "Rene said yes, but they still haven't set a date. I'm starting to get worried." :laugh:

katymay

Medalist
Does it matter , really? Pick any pair and the U.S. ought to be humiliated. Not one male figure skating/pair member can even do a double toe loop? I've seen Novice level pairs that are better. I'm sorry, but most of these pairs were too old, too heavy, not even novice level figure skaters, and I am shocked how bad our pair teams are. What on earth has happened here? I can't imagine a single pair that will make it into the top ten.

figuristka

Medalist
Does it matter , really? Pick any pair and the U.S. ought to be humiliated. Not one male figure skating/pair member can even do a double toe loop? I've seen Novice level pairs that are better. I'm sorry, but most of these pairs were too old, too heavy, not even novice level figure skaters, and I am shocked how bad our pair teams are. What on earth has happened here? I can't imagine a single pair that will make it into the top ten.

Really were they that bad? I wonder if i will get to see any of this championship living in Europe. USFSA seem to take all the clips down if any reach you tube. Its a shame for the sport.

oleada

Record Breaker
I think the right team won. McLaughlin/Brubaker have so much more quality in their elements than Denney/Barret. D/B landed everything, but their choreography was much more simple, and they are really unpolished. He was also really shaky in the lifts. Their spins are in synch, but simple and the positions are not the most attractive. They have potential, but they're not at M/B's level yet.

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Really were they that bad? I wonder if i will get to see any of this championship living in Europe. USFSA seem to take all the clips down if any reach you tube. Its a shame for the sport.

It was pretty bad. Few teams were clean, few did SBS triples or even 2A, and I lost track of the amount of aborted lifts. Most teams had at least 1 fall. I doubt that so many teams would have broken 100 points with those skates. Until Lepzinski/Burgess, the event was DIRE. But even L/B botched their jumps.

Honestly, looking at the junior teams, it doesn't seam like it's going to get better anytime soon...

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I have mixed emotions. D/B hit everything and skated with heart, but M/B even with the mistakes never let their performance level down. It was also a more difficult program. There were also certain small touches I saw - Keauna had a bit of a flirtatious moment. Wonder how things would have turned out if this were judge on the old system....

I feel the same way felt last year with johnny and evan. I think that D&B deserved to win, but i was sort of rooting for McLaughlin and Brubaker at it certainly can be argued they deserved to win. Their program was more difficult, but the performance level was not as good as it had been in the past. Don't forget last year when they won she had fallen on a SBS jump.