Swan Lake for AP & Sasha | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Swan Lake for AP & Sasha

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:
Petipa's contribution to the Russian ballet was akin to Balanchine's contribution to the American one. Sure, ballet in those countries existed well before those choreographers, but the whole "national ballet" was largely defined by those foreigners.
ITA.

Mistyeyed

Rinkside
I don't understand what you are trying to convey by posting the links, other than to show everyone that they had the same SL program. I thought that by going to each skaters link that I would get to see their prospective costumres. Instead, (maybe there is something wrong with my computer) when I click on the Sasha link I come up with an x-ray looking pic of her. I can not make out anything and it looks horrible. On Ann's link the pics are down so I cannot see her costume at all if that is why you posted the link.

Perhaps they did not realize that they both had chosen the same music but have decided to keep it to sike each other out and try to prove to viewers just who does it better. :eek:

fanforlady2001

Rinkside
I like swan lake, I don't mind overused music with skaters, It looks like michelle's music also has been used in the last couple of years, 3 more days!!

April

Rinkside
Swan Battle

Well, this show down will prove interesting. AP vs. SC, grace vs. the rubber band girl.

Mistyeyed, I know what you are saying. On the Sasha link she talks about how she just got her new Swan Lake dress and how beautiful it is. But no picture!:( I guess we'll have to wait until Saturday.

About that famous "negative" photo of Sasha, some computers can see it right and some can't. If it looks like an Xray on your computer, you can right click and download it, then it comes out all right. It's worth doing if you like Sasha -- very pretty.

On AP's site the only pictures I saw were at the top in the blue outfit. Looking great, AP! But this can't be a competition outfit because it doesn't have a skirt.

I can't wait to see these two programs! Sasha has received a lot of publicity lately, while AP is laying low. I hope that this will be the start of a big (but friendly) rivalry between these two amazing skaters.

Mathman

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Mistyeyed said:
I don't understand what you are trying to convey by posting the links, other than to show everyone that they had the same SL program.
I don't know to whom you are directing this to, but the reason I share the links is so that everyone can see where I got the information from. I would not share information unless it's from a source everyone can see.

I do think it's interesting when top skaters decide to use the same source of music. I'm sure they will both have different cuts and interpretations. I am looking forward to it.

I just also was struck by Sasha's description of her costume in her journal entry. Then I wondered what AP's costume would be like and remembering her Madame Butterfly dress from last season. I never made any claim that there was a picture of her new costume for Swan Lake on her website - otherwise I would have said 'look at this picture of her new costume'.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Herm, I think Mistyeyed was just saying that she was disappointed that the sites didn't show a picture of AP's and Sasha's new costumes. Maybe more pictures will be up later. Anyway, thanks for the information about these programs. You can see how much interest there is by the fact that this thread is already four pages long!

Mathman

Excellent article, thanks! I am happy to see that she is taking some classes at the University of Colorado (Go Buffaloes!)

Mathman

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Mathman, that photo in the left hand corner of the article sure looks like MK in her "Fields of Gold" dress!

It does, doesn't it. What is that doing on an article about Ann Patrice? Oh, well.

BTW, I like this reporters assessment of Sasha's prospects for the coming season: she is "just a clean program away from becoming one of the world¡¦s best."

About AP herself, though, I am not sure about the judgment, "she just needs a little more consistency if she is going to compete, and more importantly, beat the big names." I don't think that lack of consistency has been a big problem for Ann Patrice. "More importantly," there are some specific problems that she needs to correct, like her free leg position on her spiral. If she does not have the flexibility to take it straight back with a 179 degree split like Sasha (who does?), then she needs to increase her amplitude by rotating her hips more, like Michelle.

That having been said, I am looking for AP to skate her heart out at Campbell's. Only twenty-seven hours to go!

Mathman