JGP Mexico City | Golden Skate

JGP Mexico City

It looks like Evan Lysacek is really out of it.

Parker Pennington has a brother Colin Pennington?

Canada going all out with 5 Junior Ladies!

Joe

Norlite

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Canada going all out with 5 Junior Ladies!

Joe

No, Canada is sending two. (max. allowed) The last three on the listing are subs (note the S.)

Look for Amanda Billings to medal.
:)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Only 4 in the Pairs event--2 US, 2 Canadian.

That's tough for the pair that doesn't medal!:cry:

JOHIO2

Medalist
Yes, Joe, Parker Pennington has a younger brother named Colin. Last year Colin won the US Novice title and has begun competing as a junior this year.

I saw Colin at Skate Cleveland. He had a rough short, but came back to medal. Brother Parker did a guest skate at that event.

Personally, I think as a beginning competitor in the international junior ranks, he is doing quite well. Good luck, Colin!

As for Evan L. -- hope this injury you mentioned isn't major. I want to see him at US Nationals, even if I don't get to "see" him on ABC!

Last edited:
Johio - You just may get to see Lysacek on ABC. His junior silver medal last year was well deserved and imo, a better skater than the gold medalist but you know, quads count.

Joe

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Miki Ando

Looking at the ladies results, Miki Ando appeared to be head and shoulders above the rest. Now, if I could only see her skate somewhere!

rtureck

Final Flight
Good job Miki congratulations

From another board

Miki Ando JPN (1) 3Z/3L, 3F/3T (fall on toe), 2A, 3F, 3L, 3S, 2A step out. "She was fast."

Danielle Kahle USA (2) 2A, 3Z/2T, 3S/2L, 3T, 3L, 1A. "Very good speed and flow."

Jessica Dube CAN (3) 2A, 3S, 3Z, 3T, 2L, 1F, 2A (fall), 3S (fall), "her presentation marks were very high."

Last edited:

JOHIO2

Medalist
joe,
i agree that evan should have won gold this year at junior worlds. but, as u said, quads rule over artistry.

like johnny weir and jeffrey buttle, it isn't the lack of quads that hurts most -- all 3 absolutely need a secure triple axel