skaters that look like another skater

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Ashley Wagner - Katarina Witt
Sasha Cohen - Brian Boitano - Sarah Meier
Tom Zakrajsek - Vaughn Chipeur

gourry

Final Flight
I really seconded when the commentator(I don't remember who it was) said Curran Oi looked like young Ilia Kulik. :yes:

This is not a skater but.... I've always thought Lambiel looks like Orlando Bloom. And doesn't anybody think Brian Orser looks like Mel Gibson?? Or how about Kiira Korpi and Charlize Theron?

swizzletwizzle

On the Ice
Ashley Wagner & Stephen Carriere could be siblings, IMO.

That's what I've always thought, too.

During US Nationals, I kept mistaking Caydee Denney for Caitlin Yankowskas. Also, I've always thought that Cody Hay and Jeffrey Buttle could pass as brothers.

Last edited:

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
I really seconded when the commentator(I don't remember who it was) said Curran Oi looked like young Ilia Kulik. :yes:

This is not a skater but.... I've always thought Lambiel looks like Orlando Bloom. And doesn't anybody think Brian Orser looks like Mel Gibson?? Or how about Kiira Korpi and Charlize Theron?
Joannie Rochette and Sarah Jessica Parker:rock:

Kevin van der Perren and Colin Farrell!

Last edited by a moderator:

vlaurend

Final Flight
Karen Zhou and Karen Kwan (who happens to be her coach) - Their faces don't really look alike, but their long, slender bodies and lyrical skating styles are very similar.

Ellie Kawamura and Kristi Yamaguchi (although Kristi has a fairer complexion)

I would hate to say that any of our beautiful senior ladies looks like Nancy Kerrigan. I think Nancy Kerrigan looks like Mr. Ed.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Robin Wagner and Amber Corwin
Tessa Virtue and Leighton Meester
Ryan Bradley and Jake Gyllenhaal
Shizuka Arakawa and Gong Li
Scott Moir and Brandon Routh

vlaurend

Final Flight
Not a skater but:

Alexe Gilles = Nastia Liukin

TOTALLY! She's not a skater, but I think Nastia is the long-lost Gilles triplet:

Alexe
http://images.google.com/url?source...ts.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFwZ6C7eX8yMKV0yRUCrrS2RVX7SQ
and. . .

Nastia
http://pics.livejournal.com/rawles/pic/0008zr27

Again, not a skater, but Rockne Brubaker has always reminded me of Tom Welling (Clark Kent on "Smallville")

Rockne:
http://www.figureskatersonline.com/mclaughlin-brubaker/albums/0607office/053.jpg

Tom Welling:
http://images.google.com/url?source..._6.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFugvT3IkPOdAIJWf37pRZv2APWTA

Last edited by a moderator:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From what I understand they meant his skating style when Illia was a young skater.

Dee

skateskate

Rinkside
One of the famale pair skaters (I think it was young pair from Ukraine) reminded me of Plushenko. She had the same hairstyle and the same black costume. I don't remember her name. It was rather odd to see this pair skating. It was like to see Plush doing pairs.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Alena Leonova = Elena Sokolva
Fleur Maxwell = Sarah Meier
Tatiana Volosozhar = Aliona Savchenko

Michal Brezina is a cross between Jeff and Lutai!

I also think that the Zaretski's are the spitting image of ech other. It might sound rather dumb as they are siblings, but if one takes the Kerrs, they dodn't look a thing like each other.

champs

Final Flight
Nancy Kerrigan - Katarina Witt
Ashley Wagner - Stephen Carriere
Brandon Mroz - Brian Orser
Alena Leonova - Nana Takeda
Yan Liu - Mai Asada

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Tara Lipinski and Katy Taylor, even Dick and Peggy commented on it back at the 2006 Nationals.