Practice Schedules | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practice Schedules

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Japanese skaters admitted to feeling a bit uncomfortable with the NHL-sized rink (it's 4 meters narrower than the Olympic one).

These people would like to host the Olympics, and they don't have an Olympic size ice rink. Do they plan to hold figure skating as an event?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Vancouver's running behind schedule, from what I hear... I'm sure they'll be ready come next Feb.

ks777

Record Breaker
Isn't it an Olympic rink, where they will compete or it's a completely other arena?

Yes but the rink is usually played by the Vancouver Canucks(NHL team). They probably didn't have time to make the rink bigger and it was probably too costly to make the change.

skatingbc

Final Flight
Yes but the rink is usually played by the Vancouver Canucks(NHL team). They probably didn't have time to make the rink bigger and it was probably too costly to make the change.

Actually, the Vancouver Giants play at the Coliseum. They're in the WHL, a junior league. The Canucks play at GM Place, where Worlds were held in 2001.

kittyjake5

On the Ice
Thanks for the article. Joannie looks very fit and ready to go. I can't wait to see the changes to her SP tonight. I hope it works out for her.

DivaDes

Rinkside
The figure skating at the Olympics will be held at Pacific Colliseum where the 4 contients are being held and where Canadians were held last year. GM Place is where the hockey will take place for the Olympics and it is where the Canucks play and where the 2001 worlds took place.

So in answer to the questions the event is taking place where the figure skating will be in 2010.

Winnipeg

Final Flight
I thought it was being held at the same place the Olympics will be held - the Pacific Colliseum.

GM Place is another arena where the Cnucks play and where the 2001 Worlds was held.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it IS being held at the same place that the olympic figure skating will be held next year