They Said WHAT On Television?!? | Golden Skate

They Said WHAT On Television?!?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Television has sunk to a new all time low! As if the programs are not bad enough, now we have to listen to profanity. I don't hear it enough everyday when I am out and about! If it were not for figure skating, I would be tempted to "pull the plug" on my tv. There really is not that much on the tube worth watching anymore.

Here is some info about it:

They're swearing on TV. A lot. A new study by the Parents Television Council has found a huge jump in the use of profanity on virtually every network in virtually every time slot.

The Associated Press reports that the watchdog group found that on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, WB, and UPN during the so-called "family hour" from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m., foul language increased by 94.8 percent between 1998 and 2002. And in the 9 p.m. hour it rose by a whopping 109 percent over those four years. The smallest increase--37 percent--was in the 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. time slot.

"During the 2002-2003 season, the broadcast networks attempted to rewrite the book on language standards for television," the PTC said in a news release announcing the study, which examined all primetime entertainment shows during a two-week period in 1998, 2000, and 2002. That prompted PTC to call on the television industry to "get serious about reducing the flood of vulgarity. Barring that, the FCC needs to get serious about enforcing broadcast decency laws."

I heard Fraser had some pretty strong language the other night. I don't watch Fraser anymore. It got too silly.