Worlds online | Golden Skate

Worlds online

Raatkirani

On the Ice
Could someone post what are some reliable sites to view the Worlds (and other competitions) live? I was on IN's website and they don't seem to have the worlds listed in their schedule. Will they show it on demand later after it airs on TV? I have heard there are international stations that do live streams for figure skating. Could someone give me a link or post a nice, tidy list of where to go? Also, can Americans watch Eurosport and/or CBC online or are there restrictions? If so, where and how do you find figure skating there? Thanks a million for any information for a competition starved fan.

Seriously, it ain't 1995 anymore.:scowl: I'll tell my grandchildren of a time when the world was overflowing with skating competitions on TV, the way heaven is with milk and honey. You had to buy an extra TV and VCR to keep up with all of the broadcasts, and there were several times when 3 events were scheduled at once. Yup, the golden days...

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
Yeah, can someone post some possible ways to watch online? for people in Europe? I'm sure Eurosports will show it, but no TV, stuck in school.. so, any help would be great!

i love to skate

Medalist
I think only Canadians can watch CBC online. Some people were able to watch Four Continents via a CBC radio link so that may be an option.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Could someone post what are some reliable sites to view the Worlds (and other competitions) live? I was on IN's website and they don't seem to have the worlds listed in their schedule. Will they show it on demand later after it airs on TV? I have heard there are international stations that do live streams for figure skating. Could someone give me a link or post a nice, tidy list of where to go? Also, can Americans watch Eurosport and/or CBC online or are there restrictions? If so, where and how do you find figure skating there? Thanks a million for any information for a competition starved fan.

Seriously, it ain't 1995 anymore.:scowl: I'll tell my grandchildren of a time when the world was overflowing with skating competitions on TV, the way heaven is with milk and honey. You had to buy an extra TV and VCR to keep up with all of the broadcasts, and there were several times when 3 events were scheduled at once. Yup, the golden days...
There's a turkish channel and is pretty reliable. http://www.trt.net.tr/anasayfa/anasayfa.aspx Don't worry, when it's the time, you will find some good links right here.
p.s. Are you from India? wow, fascinating!

I think IN is tied in with NBC who want to show Worlds on their networks (Oxygen). How much IN will show, I do not know but prime time ladies will be shown, at least the last group, on NBC.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
IN has an agreement with NBC through the USFSA, but AFAIK they aren't owned in anyway by NBC Universal.

AnnikinSolo

Rinkside
Yeah, can someone post some possible ways to watch online? for people in Europe? I'm sure Eurosports will show it, but no TV, stuck in school.. so, any help would be great!

Does anyone know for sure whether or not Eurosport will be showing Worlds Live? I found one channel on Justin TV that is rebroadcasting a lot of events on British Eurosport (I would rather not say which one it is, so that US Figure Skating will not find it and shut it down). Being that there is a Justin TV channel that is showing British Eurosport, it would be great if Worlds were live on British Eurosport.

IN has an agreement with NBC through the USFSA, but AFAIK they aren't owned in anyway by NBC Universal.
As far as Oxygen is concerned, some, if not all, comps will be shown during the period in between the weekends.

The USFS is kind of hosting this at LA. But it is International and the Schedule has already been made up.

http://www.isuworlds2009.com/schedule.php

Interesting it also gives the time that the event will end. Remember it is LA time (3hours behind ET like Vancouver.

Trewyn

Medalist
I doubt Eurosport will be airing a lot live, since most of it is in the middle of the night in Europe...

russell30

Final Flight
Yes, because World's are in North America, us Euro fans will be affected. The ladies, mens short programs, ladies free program, ice dance compulsories and original dance will be badly affected as these will air in the early hours, so knowing Eurosport we will get highlights of about an hour to an hour and a half, pbobaly showing 10-12 skaters. :disapp:
We can only hope that the Pairs short and free, mens free and free dance, which should come to us around 9.00-10.00am will be live? but who knows, the problem with Europost these days is that the number of sports shown is so diverse now, like dakar rally and ladies football - (who wants to see that!!)

Still it is not good enough, I want to see every skater, come on Euros and Worlds, only come round once and only on for 1 week, we have to wait a long time for this to come round!! - WE NEED A FIGURE SKATING CHANNEL.:clap:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Still it is not good enough, I want to see every skater, come on Euros and Worlds, only come round once and only on for 1 week, we have to wait a long time for this to come round!! - WE NEED A FIGURE SKATING CHANNEL.:clap:

What about that Turkish thingie?

Perhaps the Russian internet channel broadcasts too?

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
What about that Turkish thingie?

Perhaps the Russian internet channel broadcasts too?

WebTV has to show Worlds! And I believe it will :yes:
I wait for the confirmation...
If it works, we can watch it free for three days. Unless you pay 15 euros.

Tuesday, March 24
1:00 - 5:05 PM Compulsory Dance
7:00 - 11:40 PM Pairs Short Program

Wednesday, March 25
9:00 AM - 12:55 PM Men's Short Program (1st Half)
1:30 - 5:20 PM Men's Short Program (2nd Half)
7:00 - 11:00 PM Pairs Free Skating

Thursday, March 26
12:30 - 4:50 PM Original Dance
5:35 - 9:45 PM Men's Free Skating

Friday, March 27
8:45 - 12:50 PM Ladies Short Program (1st Half)
1:20 - 5:30 PM Ladies Short Program (2nd Half)
6:30 - 11:00 PM Free Dance

Saturday, March 28
4:00 - 8:00 PM Ladies Free Skating

herios

Medalist

I can feel for those who cannot watch Worlds, when I grew up in Europe and couldn't watch skating only once / twice a year on TV and only the top skaters, it was very frustrating. I am now living in Canada and I could say I am overspoiled, we have a TV cable which starting a few years back is showing us LIVE every skater at Worlds, so it's like being there:clap:
Now, for the internet links available, CBC sports cannot be captured outside Canada, however the CBC radio (Quebec version) it can. the link was posted under the 4CC thread, so you may go there and check it out when LA Worlds will come, because I am sure they will show this competition as well

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
but who knows, the problem with Europost these days is that the number of sports shown is so diverse now, like dakar rally and ladies football - (who wants to see that!!)

I do :p ......ladies' soccer that is, dakar rally no. Everything to one's fancy :)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I doubt Eurosport will be airing a lot live, since most of it is in the middle of the night in Europe...

Looks like Eurosport is showing parts of worlds live in the middle of the night. For example compulsory and original dance, 3 hours men' short and 4 hours ladies' short. Apart from that highlights(pairs short and free) and repeat transmissions in daytime. Free dance and ladies' free are surprisingly poorly covered though. This is what I found in the TV table(is it the same for all european countries?) Hope I'm wrong about the free dance and ladies' free.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Unfortunately, Oxygen will not show the CDs, the OD and Pairs short live. They have a taped show on Wednesday from 4:30 to 6:30 and I'm assuming they will show some of the CDs and Pairs. Same with the OD on Thursday. They'll show two hours of taped event on Friday from 4:30-6:30.

They will show the last two flights of the Men's SP live, the last flights of the Pairs FS live, the last two flights of the Men's FS live, the last two flights of the Ladies SP live, and the last two flights of the FD live.

NBC will show the last two flights of the Ladies FS live.

So if you're into seeing EVERYTHING, the way we did on IceNetwork, you're going to be disappointed. I'm hoping WebTV and/or Turkish TV will be available. Otherwise, I will be BUMMED.

Tammi

On the Ice
I'm hoping for Turkish TV as well. That's the feed I watched last year and I thought the quality was excellent. Luckily, I get Oxygen, so I'll set my DVR and see what shows up.

Trewyn

Medalist
Looks like Eurosport is showing parts of worlds live in the middle of the night. For example compulsory and original dance, 3 hours men' short and 4 hours ladies' short. Apart from that highlights(pairs short and free) and repeat transmissions in daytime. Free dance and ladies' free are surprisingly poorly covered though. This is what I found in the TV table(is it the same for all european countries?) Hope I'm wrong about the free dance and ladies' free.

Yeah, there's quite some live coverage, but the finales of all disciplines are late at night in the US which makes the the middle of the night here. The only thing I can't believe is that they're showing arm wrestling instead of the ladies freeskate on Saturday!!! I really hope that changes! There's really *very* little coverage of the ladies free right now. I hope I'm going to be able to watch that on internet stream. They're also showing the exhibition live!