Winter Universiade 2009 Harbin | Golden Skate

Winter Universiade 2009 Harbin

Eevun

Final Flight
If you mean skaters, I know that Kristoffer Berntsson, SWE is going (that's why he's not competing at Nordics).

samba

On the Ice
Alissa Cizny did sign up for it but I'm not sure if she is still going since she has two other assignments now, 4CC and Worlds, after winning US ladies.

Czisny won the U.S. Collegiate Championship in August to qualify for this event, and the men's winner was Jason Wong. If Jason doesn't go, the next in line is Jonathan Cassar, who made such an impression on the audience at U.S. Nationals last week.

Actually, the timing is not too bad for Alissa if she wants to do that much skating. Four Continents, Feb. 2-8; Universiade, Feb. 18-28 (I don't know when the figure skating will be); then Worlds, March 22-29.

Alissa's strategy was do do as many events as possible this season. She skated at Nebelhorn, for instance (and won).

The U.S. will also be sending a synchro team from Miami University.

By the way, at the U.S. Collegiate championships Alissa did attempted a six-triple program including 3T-3T. However, she fell on her solo Lutz just like at U.S. Nationals :cry:, and also had two downgrades.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
IIRC, in the FFSG announcement about the French team for Worlds some of the skaters were mentioned as going to the Universiade - I think it was Gwendolyn Didier and one of the younger dance teams, I forgot which one.

I imagine at least some of the Japanese skaters will go, a lot of them are university students and it's not too far away. Dai won the last Universiade, didn't he?

rosee

On the Ice
IIRC, in the FFSG announcement about the French team for Worlds some of the skaters were mentioned as going to the Universiade - I think it was Gwendolyn Didier and one of the younger dance teams, I forgot which one.

Winter Universiade 2009 Harbin (21/25 February)

Men: (1 or 2)

1) The one who doesn't make the world team between Ponséro and Préaubert [It's probably Préaubert]
2) Test between Y. Deslot, M. Vaillant, C. Boyadji
Ladies: (1)
1) Gwendoline Didier
Pairs: (1)
1) Canac & Coia but subject to change according to their performance at Europeans
Dance: (1)
1) Zoé Blanc & Pierre-Loup Bouquet

myinterest

Rinkside
Germany

Ladies
Constanze Paulinus

Men
Clemens Brummer
Martin Liebers
Michael Biondi

Dance
Hermann/Hermann

myinterest

Rinkside
Switzerland

Ladies
Nicole Graf

Men
Jamal Othman

Also: Ice dancers Louise Walden and Owen Edwards for Great Britain

Last edited:

myinterest

Rinkside
Czisny won the U.S. Collegiate Championship in August to qualify for this event, and the men's winner was Jason Wong. If Jason doesn't go, the next in line is Jonathan Cassar, who made such an impression on the audience at U.S. Nationals last week.

Actually, the timing is not too bad for Alissa if she wants to do that much skating. Four Continents, Feb. 2-8; Universiade, Feb. 18-28 (I don't know when the figure skating will be); then Worlds, March 22-29.

Jason Wong lists the event on his website, Alissa doesn't. I'm not entirely sure if that means she's not going, but I'd interpret it that way.

TtonyV7

On the Ice
I think Czisny needs to go now. She was "decent" at 4CC, but I think she can use more competitions to handle the pressure better.

It's quite obvious she's gonna have to nail 2 clean programs to help US lucky number "13" goal.

myinterest

Rinkside
Russia

Ladies
Katarina Gerboldt
Alena Leonova
Oksana Gozeva

Men
Sergei Voronov
Artemn Borodulin
Andrei Lutai

Pairs
Ksenia Krasilnikova / Konstantin Bezmaternykh
Yelena Yefaeva / Artem Patlasov
Yekaterina Sheremetyeva / Mikhail Kuznetsov

Dance
Yekaterina Rubleva / Ivan Shefer
Kristina Gorshkova / Vitaly Butikov
Yekaterina Bobrova / Dmitry Solovyov

Addition to
Great Britain

Men
Thomas Paulson

Dance
Louise Walden/Owen Edwards
Penny Coomes/Nicholas Buckland

Israel

Men
Maxim Shipov

Dance
Zaretski/Zaretski

Last edited:

icedance56

Spectator
Broadcasting Harbin Universiade

Does anyone happen to know if these competitions will be broadcasted?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
The schedule - I'm guessing it's in local time:

Sat.21-02
14:30 Ice Dance-Compulsory
16:30 Men Short program
21:30 Pairs Short program

Sun.22-02
13:00 Original dance
15:35 Pairs Free Skating
17:40 Men Free Skating

Mon.23-02
14:00 Ladies Short Program
18:50 Free Dance
21:50 Synchronized Skating-Synchronized Short

Tue.24-02
14:30 Ladies Free Skating
19:55 Synchronized Skating-Synchronized Free

Wed.25-02
18:30 Exhibition

myinterest

Rinkside
Japan
(copied from the Japanese Nationals thread, so I don't know if the information is still up to date)

Men
Yasuharu Nanri
Itsuki Machida
Takemochi Ohgami

Dance
Emi Hirai/Ayuto Yuzawa

Ladies
Yukari Nakano
Nana Takeda
Ayumi Miyamoto

As for the question about the broadcast - I also hope there will be some sort of feed. According to the official website, the IBC receives TV signals from all the venues, so I hope at least CCTV will cover some figure skating. I've already seen that Eurosport 2 will have some snowboard coverage. If they're showing snowboard, there had better be some figure skating, too! :p