TV or Internet Access | Golden Skate

TV or Internet Access

efreedman

On the Ice
Does anyone have a handle on which TV stations via the Internet may be televising Junior Worlds? Thanks

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Eurosport announced coverage of the free dance and men's LP only. But they may add something more, watch out.

GMT
26 Feb 17:15 - 19:30 - Mens Free - Live
27 Feb 17:30 - 19:30 - Free Dance - Live

efreedman

On the Ice
Additional Televising Info

Kindly provided by a poster on FSU

TV/Internet Schedule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IceNetwork.com is scheduled to show Jr. Worlds LIVE and On-demand WITH blackout restrictions.

Canada: No CBC coverage scheduled yet.

Alicja

On the Ice
Eurosport announced coverage of the free dance and men's LP only. But they may add something more, watch out.

GMT
26 Feb 17:15 - 19:30 - Mens Free - Live
27 Feb 17:30 - 19:30 - Free Dance - Live

:sheesh: What??? Eurosport covering Junior worlds??? I have no faith in this announcement, sounds too good to be true!

Medusa

Record Breaker
what about webtv? I might spend some euros on watching it.

Eurosport covering Junior worlds??? I have no faith in this announcement, sounds too good to be true!
They did that before, I think I have a Eurosport vid from 1996 in my video library, Junior Worlds - Yagudin.

rosee

On the Ice
Yes :rock: I hope it will be on Eurosport France too and not replace by some 2nd division football match.

rosee

On the Ice
I'm saying that because Eurosport France have often a different schedule. We got basicaly nothing from CoR and TEB

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Radio Canada.

nooouuuu... I want to close that chapter of my life, forever

I hope it's not showing it. :scowl:

Trewyn

Medalist
I know I'm pretty much bumping this thread, but does anyone know whether there's going to be live feeds on line (other than IN) of the Men's and Ladies' skates? I would really love to watch it...

eleonora.d

On the Ice
I'm really upset.. Eurosport could only broadcast men's free and dance free, and IceNetwork is not available outside US.
I'd really like to subscribe, but look at the restrictions :

During the 2008-09 season, all live and on-demand video will be available worldwide except the following:

Available in the United States and U.S. Territories* only:

* 2008 Skate America (Oct. 24-26, 2008)
* 2008 Skate Canada (Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2008)
* 2008 Cup of China (Nov. 6-9, 2008)
* 2008 Trophee Eric Bompard (Nov. 13-16, 2008)
* 2008 Cup of Russia (Nov. 20-23, 2008)
* 2008 NHK Trophy (Nov. 27-30, 2008)
* 2008 ISU Junior and Senior GP Finals (Dec. 10-14, 2008)
* 2009 European Championships (Jan. 19-25, 2009)
* 2009 Four Continents Championships (Feb. 2-8, 2009)
* 2009 World Junior Championships (Feb. 23-March 1, 2009)
* 2009 ISU World Team Trophy (Apr. 16-19, 2009)

This meant that here in the EU we were not able to watch ladies..:frown:

Trewyn

Medalist
I agree. The restrictions are just plain criminal. How dare they charge Non-Americans the same as Americans. We get like barely a 10th from what the Americans get; I think the fee should reflect the restrictions. And since it doesn't, no way I'm getting IN. It's just common decency. I think the solution to the whole IN vs Eurosport problem should be that IN gives out on demand access to the restricted competitions. Eurosport doesn't offer on-demand, and it's not like they're going to show the competition a week or two after it happened either. So why doesn't IN offer us Europeans all those listed competitions not-live but on-demand access? I guess they'd still be a threat to Eurosport then.. But it's a serious issue.

eleonora.d

On the Ice
I agree 100%
The problem with Eurosport is that one channel only should be able to broadcast alpine ski, nordic ski, biathlon, figure skating, speed skating, short track, nordic combined, snowboarding, skeleton, bobsled..not to mention some non-winter sports major events , for example tennis opens..of course it is impossible and minor events like Junior Worlds are mistreatened when there are nordic ski worlds in the same week.
I think IN is losing a big potential of european subscribers.