Yannik Ponsero | Golden Skate

Yannik Ponsero

vlaurend

Final Flight
He's my favorite right now as well! Just keeping my fingers crossed that he can actually skate both the SP and LP without messing one of them up! :bow:

viv

On the Ice
I love how he skated this at Euros - just his SP was bad... If he gets both programs in one competition, he can beat evein the world!

Eurofan

On the Ice
Contesti was great at Euros. And I hate cowboy/western-themed programs. Forza Italia!

Question: Do Annick Gailhaguet's students all have consistency problems? I was thinking of her other students over the years - Jeanette, Hubert, Restencourt, Dambier, now Prėaubert and Ponsėro - and it seems they've all had trouble putting two clean programs together. I'm wondering if Ponsėro and Prėaubert might benefit from a coaching change.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Question: Do Annick Gailhaguet's students all have consistency problems? I was thinking of her other students over the years - Jeanette, Hubert, Restencourt, Dambier, now Prėaubert and Ponsėro - and it seems they've all had trouble putting two clean programs together.
I actually always thought that it is, you know, a French thing? Candeloro was only consistent at the Olympic games too. Joubert seems to be the exception with one World Title, 3 World silvers, 3 European Titles and other 5 medals at Europeans.

Didn't Ponsero do Quad Salchow too some time ago? His Triple Salchow looks very huge and easy... Watching Ponsero just makes me love Quads. His are so fantastic, the technique - it just blows you away.

Normally I don't like it if the music of programs is from like 4 different pieces of music. But it somehow doesn't bother me with his program, the theme is consistent throughout the program and suits his style so well.

Last edited:

rosee

On the Ice
Question: Do Annick Gailhaguet's students all have consistency problems? I was thinking of her other students over the years - Jeanette, Hubert, Restencourt, Dambier, now Prėaubert and Ponsėro - and it seems they've all had trouble putting two clean programs together. I'm wondering if Ponsėro and Prėaubert might benefit from a coaching change.

Ponsero is trained by Didier Lucine not Annick Dumont.

Last edited:

Eurofan

On the Ice
I actually always thought that it is, you know, a French thing?

That reminds me of something I heard years ago about the Russian training system. The criticism was that they spent a lot of time on individual elements but not much time doing run-throughs. A situation like that, perhaps? I know that Joubert made much of the fact that he and Simond changed his whole training regimen.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Did he ever make it to Seniors?
Well, he was scheduled to perform at TEB, but pulled out because of injury. I don't know anything more. But he didn't even have a 3A last year at Junior Worlds. I don't know about his chances in France right now.

rosee

On the Ice
Well he skated as a senior last year at French Nats and finished 6th. He's injuried this season.

Talking about Yannick, he Brian and Candice will go to La Haye from the 4th to the 8th march to prepare for worlds.
Florent Amodio is going for a week to Urmanov for Junior Worlds.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Florent Amodio is going for a week to Urmanov for Junior Worlds.
Yeah, I was surprised to read that Amodio already worked with Urmanov over the summer. It must have really helped, he is way more consistent and his jumps look a lot less awkward and a lot more secure.

Do you know if Urmanov is working on the Quad with Amodio, too? Brian said in some interview that Amodio is already landing it in practise. Junior Worlds would be a great place to give it a try...

rosee

On the Ice
Well, he was scheduled to perform at TEB, but pulled out because of injury. I don't know anything more. But he didn't even have a 3A last year at Junior Worlds. I don't know about his chances in France right now.

IIRC he does have a 3A, he did it a Nats but he was working on getting it consistent.

But Amodio is not going to Worlds. It's Joubert, Contesti and Ponsero, N'est pas?

I still haven't seen Contesti on demand yet. My friend said he was ok but silly.

My biggest fear,, can we get Yannik to skate a top 3 SP and a 1st place LP? For me, he is the best, but in reality he is off half of the time.

alekzu

Rinkside
Oh I do hope Yannick will be able to do his absolute best in Worlds. He has been so awsome this season. He really deserves a medal. Go Yannick! :rock:

beep_beep

Medalist
But Amodio is not going to Worlds. It's Joubert, Contesti and Ponsero, N'est pas?

Je ne sais pas...

I'm not too sure what you meant here...
Thanks to Preaubert withdrawing from worlds last year, France only has two spots this year. Wasn't it Joubert and TBD ? (can someone check this? i have no idea of what goes on on the French Fed)

And Contesti, although French, is skating for Italy (I thought he was awsome...)

Last edited:

Medusa

Record Breaker
No, it's decided. The French Federation decided to send Ponsero - they go for the risky decision...

stevlin

On the Ice
about Contesti

He is a wonderful skater and I enjoyed his "cowboy skating to the spaghetti westerns music "For a Few Dollars More" and "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly". Just wish he would get rid of the unibrow. [eyebrow hair above his nose".;)