USA
6 30.59
11 SAMUELSON Emily / BATES Evan
USA
4 31.41

I know it starts in about 40 min, but I can't wait :biggrin:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
First group is finished - is anyone watching? Anything interesting to report?

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
V/M just skated... I thought their twizzle's slightly out of sync, but ok overall. Their footwork's kinda messy to me.

60.90 really high.

LaLola

On the Ice
Too high, if you ask me.
Now the Chinese couple skates, still have to smile a little bit cause of them wearing Tanith' and Ben's costumes.

victoria90

On the Ice
V/M just skated... I thought their twizzle's slightly out of sync, but ok overall. Their footwork's kinda messy to me.

60.90 really high.

Same here. I think Scott got a little sooner to the twizzle or Tessa was late. Tessa still has some problems with the edges. Is Scott supposed to do that extra turn during the mid step seq? I personally don't like it and the same happened at Nationals. Anyway, it was nice overall.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Why did D/W score lower? See, that is why I normally don't watch ice-dance. I don't get the scores. Going to watch some football...

jcoates

Medalist
I thought IJS was supposed to reward what you did on the ice in the present not at Worlds a year ago. :mad::mad:

Now way should V/M have won the OD or been scored equal to D/W on TES with the errors they just made (twizzles, step sequence and slow and unsecure dance spin.)

LaLola

On the Ice
Same opinion, D/W deserved to be ranked higher than Tessa and Scott, Their technique was great, it was fun to watch and Charlie looked so happy afterwards.

Edit: Why did they have to wait so long for their result?

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
I thought IJS was supposed to reward what you did on the ice in the present not at Worlds a year ago. :mad::mad:

Now way should V/M have won the OD or been scored equal to D/W on TES with the errors they just made (twizzles, step sequence and slow and unsecure dance spin.)

that's why i'm just disappointed in ice-dance in general. The have the exactly same TES, and v/m have higher PCS, some even close to 8's.. is it really that good??

skatingbc

Final Flight
Why did D/W score lower? See, that is why I normally don't watch ice-dance. I don't get the scores. Going to watch some football...

Their TES is exactly the same is V/M (31.60), which leaves the PCS.

SS MO PF CH IT
V/M 7.70 7.55 7.55 7.70 7.95 29.30
D/W 7.60 7.50 7.60 7.55 7.65 28.82

victoria90

On the Ice
How on earth was D/W's OD scored lower than V/M's one?! They should be first overall by now. Let's face it, I like Tessa and Scott but they are far from their best and the scores they are getting are way too high.
But well, we are in Canada after all...

jcoates

Medalist
Is anyone watching this on Canadian TV or webcast? Have you heard if the Canadian commentators are trying to justify this placement?

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
I know, I found that extrange, too :scratch: I'm used to wait a long time for the Singles and Pairs but for Ice Dance?

maybe doing the calculations to make sure V/M won the OD? LOL

but probably counting the twists and turns in their step sequence? who knows.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
I know, I found that extrange, too :scratch: I'm used to wait a long time for the Singles and Pairs but for Ice Dance?

Maybe the level for one of their elements was disputed? And if they got a low enough level, that might explain the score.