Original Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Original Dance

cotillion

Rinkside
I'm afraid V&M are going to get trounced in the freedance tomorrow , I hope they have fixed a few things , but IMO that freedance needs a lot of miles,and D&W 's freedance is pure bliss right now. Davis and White skate last, and with only 1.65 points apart , I truly think this is their competition.

missysays

On the Ice
I'm afraid V&M are going to get trounced in the freedance tomorrow , I hope they have fixed a few things , but IMO that freedance needs a lot of miles,and D&W 's freedance is pure bliss right now. Davis and White skate last, and with only 1.65 points apart , I truly think this is their competition.

Really?

I have the opposite feeling. Unless D/W skate as they never have before and V/M fall and/or miss elements all together, the 4CC dance title is V/M's again. The judging in the first two portions of the competition is pretty clear.

If D/W skate cleanly and perform well and V/M have a few small bobbles the title will still go to V/M, that's how the judging has been so far. Of course I would love to be wrong- but I don't know....

Final Flight
now that ive seen both D/W's and V/M's ODs....i can now talk (aka comment)

though late - what the hell were the judges thinking?!
V/M's OD looked really weak and uncomfortable - horrible twizzles, MULTIPLE errors within the side by side, messy spin....etc etc etc (except that lift :p)

yeah D/W might've had an error or two like charlie in the side by side...but....yeah...results...were ..:banging:

my prediction for the FD - davis and white will OWN.

~tapdancer

On the Ice
I'm with cotillion and 1795, I think D/W will own the FD. They have simply been divine with this FD and the training will tell when they are out there for four minutes. D/W are trained and ready to win. V/M will need to not make errors and since it was obvious in both the CD and OD that Tessa has some weakness right now, I just don't think they are going to skate this FD with their usual near perfection. Just my opinion and we'll see! 1.65 is not much to overcome and D/W are totally capable of making that up in the FD. They are my choice to win, of course, because they are my faves, but I really think they will have the edge here, especially with getting to close the competition, I'm so happy they are skating last here.

Hopefully Charlie can contain himself! He'll probably wear a hole in the floor pacing!

Anyway, hope they win!

victoria90

On the Ice
So... now that I've seen the protocols or at least read what they say I can talk... Level 4 for the twizzles and +3 from one judge? Ok, I can let that pass... now +GOEs for the spin? Seriously? Ah.. whatever, I also think D/W are going to own the FD, at least for the ones that are watching... but I still get the feeling that no matter how many mini mistakes V/M may have they're going to win this, since it seems like the judges don't see them ;).. I hope I'm wrong, though...

victoria90

On the Ice
Is this the OD thread, or the D/W fan thread?

It's the OD thread, or at least as I see it. I'm a fan of both teams (I do tend to have a preference for D/W, blame Charlie for that :p) and I believe I can tell when one of these teams did better than the other one. I'm pretty sure that if V/M were healthy the difference wouldn't be 1+ point it is now, would be even more. But the results are weird since it's more than obvious V/M are not at their best... That's just my opinion, of course.

icedancedevotee

Rinkside
Is this the OD thread, or the D/W fan thread?

It does seem to have shifted over to love for Meryl and Charlie, hasn't it? As a fan of theirs, it doesn't bother me, though!

Having rewatched the ODs, I have come to this conclusion. I just don't think V/M's OD is as strong a program as D/W's. It doesn't seem to have as much Charleston flavor, and it's not as "fun." Even if Tessa and Scott skated it perfectly, and even if Meryl and Charlie botched their dance, I'd still prefer D/W. I think that's one of my favorite dances ever, and although this has nothing to do with skating, I think Meryl somehow looks like the PERFECT flapper; this certainly adds to the ambience.

I'm just sad that V/M have had to deal with injury and are not at their best. I don't think we've ever had two extremely strong North American dance teams going head-to-head like this before. I'd love to see them on totally equal footing. But I'll take what I can get. I'm sure V/M have worked out a lot of the kinks in their FD by now.

efreedman

On the Ice
now that ive seen both D/W's and V/M's ODs....i can now talk (aka comment)

though late - what the hell were the judges thinking?!
V/M's OD looked really weak and uncomfortable - horrible twizzles, MULTIPLE errors within the side by side, messy spin....etc etc etc (except that lift :p)

yeah D/W might've had an error or two like charlie in the side by side...but....yeah...results...were ..:banging:

my prediction for the FD - davis and white will OWN.

I agree. I wonder (not really; we know the underlying reality of the basis for the judging) what the judges were thinking. If I didn't think that it would result in retribution for D&W and Americans in general, I would send an email to the ISU rebuking them for such poor judging.

npa

Match Penalty
I agree. I wonder (not really; we know the underlying reality of the basis for the judging) what the judges were thinking. If I didn't think that it would result in retribution for D&W and Americans in general, I would send an email to the ISU rebuking them for such poor judging.

You didnt saw FD yet - or maybe i am wrong? :) Or D/W maust win even with 3 falls, like at CoR? :rofl:

all that

Final Flight
You didnt saw FD yet - or maybe i am wrong? :) Or D/W maust win even with 3 falls, like at CoR? :rofl:

You know, I noticed a person going by the name of "pani" on FSU who writes exactly the same way you do. Yet you are also on FSU. Why are you pretending to be two different people?

rain

Record Breaker
I doubt they have, considering they've only really had 10 days to train between Can Nats and now. I predict D/W will win the FD.

I agree that D/W may well win the FD.... However I have to say how massively impressed I am at how far V/M have improved their OD in just the couple of short weeks since nationals.

I'm going to have to go against the grain here and say I thought the judging of the OD was pretty much dead on. The two programs basically tied. I saw a few very small glitches from both teams (on pretty much the same things, ironically — not particularly fast dance spins, slight unison off in twizzles). And yeah, I'm from Canada, so you can feel free to completely disregard my opinion as national bias if you like. But I do think these two programs are two of the best original dances of the season worldwide. I thought both really captured the flavour.

skatingbc

Final Flight
I agree that D/W may well win the FD.... However I have to say how massively impressed I am at how far V/M have improved their OD in just the couple of short weeks since nationals.

I'm going to have to go against the grain here and say I thought the judging of the OD was pretty much dead on. The two programs basically tied. I saw a few very small glitches from both teams (on pretty much the same things, ironically — not particularly fast dance spins, slight unison off in twizzles). And yeah, I'm from Canada, so you can feel free to completely disregard my opinion as national bias if you like. But I do think these two programs are two of the best original dances of the season worldwide. I thought both really captured the flavour.

Sounds about right to me. But I'm Canadian too...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm watching lice Canadian TV. The announcer didn't favor either team. She picked out good parts and flaws in both. I though D/W had trouble with their rotating lift. Did it look right to you?

Yes, Meryl does that stepping back and forth thing that PJ Kwong calls scrambling every time they perform this dance, so it's part of the choreography.