Men's SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men's SP

Can someone tell me how is it that Dennis Ten took over the lead with such a faulty program? I know he is a good skater but not that SP.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Can someone tell me how is it that Dennis Ten took over the lead with such a faulty program? I know he is a good skater but not that SP.
One reason is probably that he is in one of the later groups. He also has good skating skills, very decent spins (in contrast to Gao).

You can't forget either that there are powerful people behind him. Tarasova is involved, his coach is quite famous...

Wow, Kazakhstan! I like this guy's disco-Carmina Burana. I like his style. Nice footwork and spins.

ETA: Wow, Jeremy Ten. What a great program for him. He must have a blast with all those matador touches and that fierce footwork. He looks so young! He'll go into first, I think.

Last edited:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Jeremy Ten 66.60. Well, then I can officially predict that Chan will crack the 90 points tonight.

Well, Jeremy now leads and rightly so. But Dennis, I would put somewhere around 8th, and that other Kaz skater should be somewhere near 12th. JMO

merrybari

Final Flight
Random thought. Does anyone else find it odd that the house lights are down with just the ice lit?

(Can you tell I'm rather bored waiting for the next group to start?)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
maybe they're giving the big scores now so they won't have to the next time the competition hits Vancouver

it will all even out in the end.

amateur

Final Flight
Whew! just arrived home in time for the big 2 groups... I'll try some PbP as I watch.

2nd last group now on ice...

Medusa

Record Breaker
maybe they're giving the big scores now so they won't have to the next time the competition hits Vancouver

it will all even out in the end.
4CC was always quite overscored, moreso than Europeans. I remember that Buttle's (flawed) short program at 4CC last year got more points than his perfect short program at Worlds.

Same goes for Lysacek, all his personal bests are from 4CC - as if it's his best competition.