Cheers to an Outstanding 4CC | Golden Skate

Cheers to an Outstanding 4CC

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
What a GREAT competition! This makes me look even more forward to Worlds in March.

Canada certainly has a great shot at qualifying 3 for every discipline at Olympics and THAT is truly exciting!

skatingbc

Final Flight
ITA!

I'm bursting with pride for our Canadian team! They all skated so well and proved themselves! Words can't describe...

i love to skate

Medalist
I agree! I'm so proud of the Canadian team for performing so well! Each discipling was very exciting...Congratulations to all skaters :clap:

figuristka

Medalist
Most of the Canadian skaters did really well. Haven't yet seen Ten and Chiper but sounds like they really beat their pbs by alot and Cynthia Phaneuf really showed what a beautiful skater she can be. Chan, Rochette, Dube and Davison, and injured Virtue and moir did themselves proud with medals.

Okami

On the Ice
That's the worst 4CC I remember.

I love this sport, but after the men's LP I feel... I don't even have words.

I don't even have strength to cry.

inskate

On the Ice
I'm beyond disappointed with the scoring in the Men's event.

If this was a preview for Olympics, I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Agreed. It is so nice to have everybody here. I think there were more "stars" here than at the GPF!

ks777

Record Breaker
I was very disappointed in Men's judging. However I was pleasantly surprised by Chipier and Phanuff. Chipier is my favorite Canadian skater right now.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
That's the worst 4CC I remember.

I love this sport, but after the men's LP I feel... I don't even have words.

I don't even have strength to cry.

???? The competition was fierce; the skating was great (from all the men) - Even Kurt Browning mentioned that. What more do you want?

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
???? The competition was fierce; the skating was great (from all the men) - Even Kurt Browning mentioned that. What more do you want?

Ladskater,
Some posters were angry with the marks Patrick got. They were talking about killing the judges. Speaking of holding grudges, It is just a sport.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
This competition was also a dress rehersal for Vancouver and the 2010 Olympics. The figure skating will take place at that same ice rink - Pacific Coliseum. I thought Vancouver did a great job.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It definitely was exciting! Too bad Radio Canada was not on my side to watch the men's LP! :no:

Tigger

Final Flight
For those people wanting to kill the judges...Allow me to quote Patrick...

It's only a sport. It's not life or death

God bless that lad for saying that and having such a wonderful head on his shoulders.

This was a fantastic 4CC. It wasn't a splatfest. There were some amazing performances and I'm so proud of our Canadian team. However, Cynthia's skates are standouts to me.

She's been down such a hard road and almost quit skating. I knew it would take two years for her to comeback if she did and...Look at what's happening!! What's got me really excited for her though is seeing the fire back in her eyes. Yes she's still skating a bit cautious, but nothing like she did at Skate Canada and unlike the Fall, you can actually see when Cynthia's being interviewed that she's starting to believe in herself again.

I am so thrilled and happy for her!! :biggrin:

I hate the new judging system, but you can't deny this was a great week of skating in spite of it.

Last edited:
Cynthia Phaneuf was a high point, and so was Amelie LaCoste. :clap:

Very exciting competition all around.

Lilli

Rinkside
Perhaps the reason Radio Canada did not show the men 's competition live is because none of the men are from Quebec. There would not be as must interest as in the ladies, since all 3 Canadian ladies competing at 4CC are Quebecoise.
Radio Canada is centred in Quebec. Just a thought.

The men's LP was shown live on regular CBC television. Maybe they had exclusive rights or something.