Entries | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Entries

Snowgirl

On the Ice
If we take into consideration only medal contenders in Pairs, there will be senior pairs as well, I/M competed in Euros as well as Glebova-Sergeev and Swiss pair, Sheremetieva-Kuznetsov were scheduled to do senior GP and missed it only due to injury, Chinese pair did senior GP too.

oleada

Record Breaker
Yeah, but there's a HUGE gap between the top Junior pairs and the senior ones (much larger than the difference between Zhang and Rochette, for example). Also, junior pairs are allowed to compete in the GP, but none of them have medaled in it and none have competed at Senior Worlds. None of the teams have won this event before and come back. The only team to have won a medal is Iliushechkina/Maisuradze, who won the silver last year (in their first ever international event - like Nagasu in 2007).

Snowgirl

On the Ice
Well, it's not that unusual that 14-15 y.o. girl competes with seniors and wins or medals, but it's nearly impossible for a young pair team, pairs are more physically demanding.

oleada

Record Breaker
I think for me the difference is that these teams have been competing primarily as Juniors and it's mostly their main focus this season, while it certainly hasn't been for Zhang, Rippon, Gedevanishvili, Rippon, etc.