Seating for Worlds | Golden Skate

Seating for Worlds

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
Hey, I'm just wondering, If I buy tickets in the Upper 1 section, is it going to be really far, as really hard to see the skaters? What do you guys think?

Also, how about the 200 section? It's on the ends, will it be hard to see the skaters when they've skated to the other end of the rink?

Thanks. I'm still deciding which section of the tickets to buy, and really trying to go cheap ;)

Final Flight
Hey, I'm just wondering, If I buy tickets in the Upper 1 section, is it going to be really far, as really hard to see the skaters? What do you guys think?

Also, how about the 200 section? It's on the ends, will it be hard to see the skaters when they've skated to the other end of the rink?

Thanks. I'm still deciding which section of the tickets to buy, and really trying to go cheap ;)

go to the staples center website they have perspective views from each each arena. each section (select the hockey rink of course)

i've never been to Staples so the above post may help. I'm not adversed to an upper tier but only in rows 1-5. When I am on the ice, I prefer rows 6-12. Video cameras do get in the way, and the first three rows are usually folding chairs.

cBrittSK8

Spectator
I have been to skating events at Staples and can tell you that the upper tier is REALLY far off the ice! The arena is shaped like a tall, deep bowl and the upper section seems like it sits MILES above the ice! Though the end zone 200 sections may have some limitations, I'd consider those if you can afford it. Just my opinion, but I think you'll agree with me once you see the stadium.

Tenorguy

On the Ice
I agree with CBrittSK8 - the upper tier in Staples Center is VERY high up. I get dizzy sitting up there for anything.

Here is a link to the Seat Viewer application on the Staples Center site:

http://tinyurl.com/35htzf

Click on the upper tier (in black); you will see what we mean!

If you can afford the 2nd tier (in light grey) you will be much happier.....

werelump

Rinkside
What if you get like binoculars? Should that be okay? I'm sitting in the third row up in the 300s, and I got a pair of 8x binoculars, but now after after reading this stuff, I'm thinking maybe I should have invested in binoculars with an even greater magnification... :laugh:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
You'll be alright with binoculars. It is very high up there though! I sat up there before for 02 Nationals and was able to watch with and without binoculars. I would use the binoculars to see a good shot of their costumes and their faces, but I would watch the actual skating with the naked eye. The reason it's so high up there is because there are about three levels of suites at Staples separating the highest tier from the lower tiers. You go up two pretty high esclators to get up there.

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
OK, thanks guys! I'll get tickets in the 200 sections. Do you guys think the end with the kiss and cry is better or the other end is better? Cause I'm wondering if you can actually see kiss and cry from that end? might be blocked?