Donate to Nicholas LaRoche's charity event/non-profit organization | Golden Skate

Donate to Nicholas LaRoche's charity event/non-profit organization

FSOWebmaster

On the Ice
From http://www.figureskatersonline.com/nicholaslaroche/

Feb 22, 2009

Potential Donor,

Having had many years of wonderful experiences in the sport of Figure Skating I have decided to venture out of competitive skating and into different routes which still show my love for the sport. I am currently coaching full time at the Toyota Sports Center in El Segundo, CA and have started my own non profit organization called the US Athletic Foundation which financially helps young athletes in need of assistance.

The US Athletic Foundation works with athletes and their sponsors directly with a 501 (c) (3) tax write off, as well as having a General Fund in which awards assistance to struggling athletes who are striving two achieve their National, World and Olympic goals.

I am currently working on a Charity Event to be held in the Los Angeles area on September 19, 2009. I am putting together a exhibition with Past, Present, and Future Champions in Figure Skating and I am writing this letter on behalf of myself and the US Athletic Foundation to ask for your assistance in making “An Evening on Ice” a successful event.

All proceeds from “An Evening on Ice “ will go into the US Athletic Foundation on behalf of Bunny LaRoche (my late mother). For those of you who do not know, my mother was murdered in July of 2008 and I have created a Sportsmanship Award on her behalf through this Foundation. This award is given to athletes who are current members in the US Athletic Foundation who show strong promise, and great successes in their sport. Our Board of Directors has diverse knowledge and experiences with Nicholas LaRoche – A US Champion in Figure Skating, Darius Holland – a former NFL player for six major teams, a full time accountant, and two small business owners.

We kindly ask for any help you may be able to provide in making our event a great success. Thank you for partnering with the US Athletic Foundation and all of its athletes.

Sincerely,

Nicholas LaRoche
President

The donation form can be found at http://figureskatersonline.com/nicholaslaroche/Potential_Donor_form_2.doc. Even if you can't donate, Nick does request that you pass this information on to anyone you believe may be able to help, no matter how big or small.