Costume help | Golden Skate

Costume help

Audrey19

On the Ice
Hey everyone! I need some ideas, maybe you can help me...
I'll be going to a carnival party soon and the topic is movie characters. I know there are a bunch to chose from, but still I don't really have a clue what to wear, since in many movies I like people wear just normal clothes...And it shouldn't be too intricate to realise, I don't plan to spend much money on it...
The only thing I have in mind for the moment is Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge, but I'm sure there's some better stuff!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
A Pirate get up is always very simple. a stylish flowing white shirt... brown or black pants (can look worn or not) great high topped brown or black boots... dreds (optional) pirate hat, sword, and a lot of grey/black eye make up...

Buttercup

Record Breaker
You can always go with a retro costume from a period film, like Chicago, The Aviator, Dreamgirls, or Singin' in the Rain. Also, since the Oscars were a couple of days ago, here's a list of all the movies that have won/been nominated for costume design, maybe that will give you some ideas.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You could go as a nun like from the movie Doubt.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
or Ice Princess... or Blades of Glory... Cutting Edge or Ice Castles...

Tigger

Final Flight
Ooooh...I adore that movie. Love the scene at the beginning where she's trying to give her feet a break from her heels during the Presentation Line for the Ball/Banquet and ends up having to sit down before getting her foot back into her shoe. The look on her face is priceless. :)

Too bad I didn't see this earlier, but if there's a next time for a Movie themed costume party and your're interested in a Lord of the Rings costume, then check out...

LOTR Costume Research Page

We've got everything up over there you'd want to know about the Costumes and how to make em. From on the cheap to elaborate. Just something to keep in mind. :)