I Bought a New VCR/DVD Recorder | Golden Skate

I Bought a New VCR/DVD Recorder

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Okay, maybe I am out of step with the latest and greatest technology; however, I just purchased a VCR/DVD recorder. I plan to copy some of my skating VCR tapes onto DVD. It's a nice machine (RCA model). My hubby helped me set it up today. My old VCR (Toshiba model) was a bit cumberson at times to record. I always seemed to mess it up. This one seems easy to run.

It will keep me busy - lots of tapes to copy!!!!!

:laugh:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Enjoy it! :party: That's a project that should keep you busy for a long time. :biggrin:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lad, I am in the process of doing the same thing. I've had my dvd/vcr recorder for a couple of years now.

This is what I do--hint: I usually set my up to record when I go to bed, that way it records while I'm sleeping.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
I recorded my first Jeff Buttle tapes successfully, but there seems to be something wrong with the quality. I don't know what happened. It worked the other night. I may have to delete and start over.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I recorded my first Jeff Buttle tapes successfully, but there seems to be something wrong with the quality.
Are you talking about the first recording??? I'm confused.
Ladskater said:
I don't know what happened. It worked the other night.
If it's a different recording, you're original may not have been a good recording.
Ladskater said:
I may have to delete and start over.
If you're using Dvd-R, it's a one time shot, you can't erase. The only time you can do that is using Dvd-rw.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Lad, How are you and your VCR/DVD recorder doing?

Did you ever get it straightened out?

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I plan to copy some of my skating VCR tapes onto DVD.
Lad, I bought a dvd recorder about 3 years ago and was planning to transfer all my vhs to dvd. However I have only done about two and just can't seem to get to all the others:p

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Lad, I bought a dvd recorder about 3 years ago and was planning to transfer all my vhs to dvd. However I have only done about two and just can't seem to get to all the others:p

I can relate. I dragged all my tapes out the other night. Oh boy it's taking me hours just to review the tapes and decide what I want. It's going to take some time....

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I take it then, Lad, that you were able to fix the quality problem you had at first? What did you have to change?

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm doing that right now. I have about 20 of them done and maybe a 100 more to go. What I do is set the recorder up at night before I go to bed. The next day, I review the dvd and put markers on the skaters I really, really like and separate the four disciplines. It's been kind of fun, kind of like the old days watching all my favorite skaters. I was watching 03 Worlds when Shen had the bad leg and their super great skate, still gave me goosebumps.

Last edited:

Ladskater

Record Breaker
I'm doing that right now. I have about 20 of them done and maybe a 100 more to go. What I do is set the recorder up at night before I go to bed. The next day, I review the dvd and put markers on the skaters I really, really like and separate the four disciplines. It's been kind of fun, kind of like the old days watching all my favorite skaters. I was watching 03 Worlds when Shen had the bad leg and their super great skate, still gave me goosebumps.

I am getting the hang of my machine and am enjoying making recordings. I also recorded a DVD from the tv. I am not as advanced as you are, but It's great to put some of my favorite skaters on DVD. I plan to do a Kurt Browning DVD soon.