Navarro and Bommentre Maintain Their Individuality | Golden Skate

Navarro and Bommentre Maintain Their Individuality

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kimberly Navarro, who will be 28 in April, and Brent Bommentre, 24, maintained their position at U. S. Nationals in 2009 with a second consecutive bronze medal. They have finished in the top five every year since they started skating together four years ago.
MORE

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Awesome article. I can't wait to see what they come up with next season! :)

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Navarro/Bommentre article

Thanks for the link. Since I don't follow dance much I'm not sure why I like them so much, but I do :yes:

They really seem to enjoy skating together and project that to the audience.

Maureen

~tapdancer

On the Ice
They are just awesome...as skaters and as people. I adore them. I'm glad they are staying in at least another year. It's refreshing to know that they are true to themselves, I know they would love to place higher but they haven't compromised and that's awesome.:yes:

rosee

On the Ice
They seem to be really, really great people! I'm happy that they don't feel too sad about not making to world team and they still believe in their chances.

The dancers finished 12th at the World Championships last season, but were bumped from the team this year in favor of Tanith Belbin and Benjamin Agosto, who missed U.S. Nationals due to injury.
"Ben and Tanith deserve to go if Ben's ready," noted Bommentre. "They're our best chance to get three dance teams for the Olympics."
I remember in the Manleywoman Skatecast they said that they were glad it was Brent (and not any other US Dance team) that lost his luggages at Worlds because the competiton was not as important for them. B&A and D&W were the one that could bring the 3 spots back.
As it was said in this thread, they are lovely skaters and lovely people :clap:

Pooska

Spectator
Nice people

Kimberly's mom used to be my coach at the Snoopy's Ica Arena in Santa Rosa, CA. She was always so sweet and kind. She and her partner skated in Ice Capades for a number of years. It seems Kimberly comes by her niceness naturally. I'm always rooting Kimberly and Brent and I hope they make the Olympic team.