Gala Exhibition | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gala Exhibition

Sinclare

Rinkside
Loved her in the Ex, she looks so much faster and confident in the Ex than in the competition. Could her lack of speed in competition be nerves? She seemed to move so much better in the exhibition. Super talent! :thumbsup:

efreedman

On the Ice
Loved her in the Ex, she looks so much faster and confident in the Ex than in the competition. Could her lack of speed in competition be nerves? She seemed to move so much better in the exhibition. Super talent! :thumbsup:

I agree. And she probably was feeling better after skating with the flu all week.:agree:

To your point about growing out of dresses, she is now just shy of 5'4"! I am over 6 feet tall and when I spoke to her at Nationals, she actually seemed kind of tall. That is a rare occurrence for me at a skating competition. :rofl:
I am not fashion conscious, but my taste in costumes is in the fit for Men as well as Ladies. Plain or gordy it doesn't matter. Just have them fit and ladies should not have skirts betlow the knee except in Dance but which I would still prefer the short style.

The costumes in Giselle are ankle length, but the material used is so sheer, it does not disturb the view of the legs.

Back to Zhang. Her costumes fit beautifully.

Alicja

On the Ice
I don't get why it is so important if Caroline was sick or not. She messed up the short and she had a gorgeous long. She won a silver medal and skated in the exhibition which as commonly known is far less demanding than a competitive program. She was coughing after the long. no evidence that she was sick, neither that she was faking. Maybe she was coughing because she was sick. Maybe she was coughing for another reason.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I don't get why it is so important if Caroline was sick or not. She messed up the short and she had a gorgeous long. She won a silver medal and skated in the exhibition which as commonly known is far less demanding than a competitive program. She was coughing after the long. no evidence that she was sick, neither that she was faking. Maybe she was coughing because she was sick. Maybe she was coughing for another reason.

It is not important to most people. Good post.

skates

Rinkside
It is amazing how she's suddenly "cured" of the flu as soon as the pressure is off.

Like what Kypma said, its her Ex for 4CC not Jr Worlds. If you watch the video, you will find that it says 4th place ladies, not 2nd place ladies. So, she did not mysteriously recover from the flu once the pressure was off.