Few pics from Russian Skate Test | Golden Skate

Few pics from Russian Skate Test

windspirit

On the Ice
http://www.fse.dmitryorlov.com/
(click on the pics to see their bigger versions)

From the top (from left to right):
1. Viktor Kudravtsev (Ilia Klimkin's new coach)
2. Tatiana Navka with Irina Lobacheva
3. Mishin
4. Plushenko
5. Vladimir Kotin with Elena Tchaikovskaya
6. Alexei Vasilevsky
7. Elena Vaitsehovskaya
8. the audience
9. Abt
10. Tatiana Totmianina

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Thank you so much, windspirit.

It looks like Totmianina might be more blond this year. And Lobacheva is just gorgeous as a civilian (without the makeup and ice dance hair, I mean.)

icenut84

Final Flight
Is Plushenko keeping his SP from last season then? That's the costume he was wearing in that picture. Anyone know for sure?

windspirit

On the Ice
icenut84 said:
Is Plushenko keeping his SP from last season then? That's the costume he was wearing in that picture. Anyone know for sure?
In the interview (with Elena Vaitsehovskaya, btw :laugh: ) from Sep 20, Mishin said that Evgeni had two new programs.

I translated the interview at Plush Room, here's the link:
http://pub116.ezboard.com/fplushroom1789frm1.showMessage?topicID=896.topic

Btw, I've read somewhere that his FP is to rap music... (may be just a rumor, though).

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Windspirit, I saw this interview as well. It's kind of a funny interview, because Mishin clearly dislikes Vaihovetskaya (hmmm, could it be because she is so chummy with TT?)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
So, Viktor Kudriatschev, Ilia Kulik´s former coach (before Tarasova) is now the coach for Klimkin... That is rather interesting. He is a very good coach and Ilia appreciated his work so much, that he also thanked Kudriatschev for his win at the Nagano Olympics.

Marjaana

windspirit

On the Ice
Ptichka: I haven't heard anything about Mishin disliking Vaihovetskaya. And why would he, by proxy? ;) I've heard, though, about his overall attitude towards journalists (nothing too bad, just: ask your questions quickly so I can be on my way).

Jaana: Did you read the article? It says there that something has changed in Klimkin's skating. That is, he seems to have skated from his soul, and not from his head. I'm glad to see he's moved on after his previous coach's death (and at such a young age). It must've hit him hard, they were together for what, thirteen years?

Btw, I forgot that Kudravtsev was Kulik's coach. Why did Ilia go to Tarasova anyway?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
windspirit said:
Ptichka: I haven't heard anything about Mishin disliking Vaihovetskaya. And why would he, by proxy? ;)
It's more than just by proxy. Vaihovetskaya always talks about TT's students as the best and the greatest no matter what. I really like her articles otherwise, but it does get annoying. For example, last year before the Worlds Kulikova & Markov fell apart. TT lobbied the federation to have Kulikova & Novikov be sent instead of the 4th place finishers Domnina & Shabalin. In Vaihovetskaya's article, it really sounded like the federation was descriminating against TT by not sending K&N, whereas clearly they were just following the rules, and sending a known pair that got its place fair and square instead of a totally unknown entity.

Btw, I forgot that Kudravtsev was Kulik's coach. Why did Ilia go to Tarasova anyway?
From what I understand, Kulik is a kind of person who needs his coach's attention 100%. Kudryavstev runs a whole school, and concentrated on other students as well. TT, OTOH, gave him her full and undivided attention (she was just getting back to coaching, and really did not have many students; besides Ilya she was just helping Gretchuk & Platov, but they really did not need too much help beyond choreography).

Also, Kudryavtsev is an interesting coach. He has prepared so many champions, yet they all become actual champions with other coaches: Kulik, Butyrskaya, etc. Actually, I am wrong -- there is also Sokolova, who started doing well again after going back to him. Also, I think it is not just Victor Kudryavtsev -- I believe his wife also coaches alongside him.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Oh, I always wanted to be a punk! But, alas, I've always been too much of a goodie two shoes.

No, I don't see the difference. You two are very obviously the same person. You "both" registered in October and have just about the exact number of posts (all of them annoying).

windspirit

On the Ice
Ptichka said:
For example, last year before the Worlds Kulikova & Markov fell apart. TT lobbied the federation to have Kulikova & Novikov be sent instead of the 4th place finishers Domnina & Shabalin. In Vaihovetskaya's article, it really sounded like the federation was descriminating against TT by not sending K&N, whereas clearly they were just following the rules, and sending a known pair that got its place fair and square instead of a totally unknown entity.
I've heard about it (TT talking with Piseev about that), but I don't know the details. Btw, I loved Kulikova & Markov (didn't think they were perfect, though). I wish they stayed together. Oh well. Anyway, "by proxy" I meant that Vaihovetskaya hasn't written anything bad about Mishin, has she? I mean, she hasn't given him any personal reason to dislike her.

Btw, RealtorGal's posts were addressed to a troll (whose posts are no longer here), not to me (just in case ... I deny everything! ;) :laugh: ) or the previous posters.

mpal2

Final Flight
Thanks for the explanation windspirit, I was starting to get a tad confused :confused: with the thread as it is now. I didn't think RealtorGal was referring to you, but it almost sounded as if she was talking to herself. :laugh: I knew I missed something.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
windspirit said:

I have understood that Ilia left Kudriatschev because he could not follow Ilia to USA. Ilia needed better training conditions (as good as his competitors did have) and that is why he left Russia. Besides he also felt that he needed to improve his artistry/presentation. That is the reason he chose Tarasova. That choice was wondered a lot on skating forums because Tarasova was a dance and pairs coach.

Marjaana