Skater in America's Next Top Model | Golden Skate

Skater in America's Next Top Model

antmanb

Record Breaker
I meant to post this a while ago but never got around to it.

We are about half way through cycle 11 of ANTM and there's an ex skater in there called Analeigh. Does anyone have any information about her skating abilities, if she competed how she did. Not sure of her surname and dno't want to google it in case it gives spoilers to the show :p

Seems she gets a tough deal with the judges thinking she has such an advantage being skater...why? Skating is not a fasion show and it's not about the pictures - as prooved by all the in-air pictures!

Ant

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Here is what Wikipedia says:

[Analeigh] Tipton began skating at the age of two and a half. She trained for most of her childhood, and competed in four U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships. Later, she and her pair partner, Phillip Cooke, became two-time regional champions, and competed at the U.S. Junior Figure Skating Championships twice on the Juvenile level. She retired from competitive skating at 16, but continued to skate in charity ice shows for AIDS foundations.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Here is what Wikipedia says:

[Analeigh] Tipton began skating at the age of two and a half. She trained for most of her childhood, and competed in four U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships. Later, she and her pair partner, Phillip Cooke, became two-time regional champions, and competed at the U.S. Junior Figure Skating Championships twice on the Juvenile level. She retired from competitive skating at 16, but continued to skate in charity ice shows for AIDS foundations.

Thanks Ptichka!

Ant

She and her partner got 7th place in junenile pairs in 2002.

http://www.usfsa.org/content/events/200102/jrnats/juvpairs-free.htm

That same Wikipedia article (but don't go there if you don't want to know who won!) also says

[Analeigh] Tipton once encountered sex traffickers posing as modeling agents. She told the judges of America's Next Top Model that these traffickers told her she should model but kept delaying the start of the "modeling agency". She was sold to a Saudi Arabian prince, but realized what was going on and got out of danger before the deal was finalized.

The main thing, though, is that she appeared on an episode of "The Big Bang Theory" (rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock :rock:) (This is a supremely silly U.S. TV comedy show about some young geeky socially inept phyisic geniuses.)

I heard once that Analeigh has long legs, but I was unable to comfirm the rumor:

http://z.about.com/d/realitytv/1/0/u/Z/1/Analeigh.jpg :rofl:

Last edited:

mksimith2

Match Penalty
Teyona strengthened her front-runner position with last week's double wins in the go-see competition and the photo shoot. Slight-of-height Fo wasn't so lucky and got the short end of the elimination stick, while golden oldie Celia narrowly escaped ouster (she bombed the beach photo shoot), due to her strong past pictures. But if she doesn't soon remove the "old-looking" label from her back, Celia is history. Fortunately, Tyra directs a jungle-themed photo shoot tonight that requires the final four models to resemble exotic birds. Maybe Celia can hide behind the distracting makeup and feathers

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I watched the jungle themed photo shoot last night. I live in a small town in NW Montana & can't figure out why you are a day behind our coverage.