article on Campbells | Golden Skate

article on Campbells

euterpe

Medalist
I thought it was only Nebelhorn and GP, too.

I would really be shocked if they were using the CoP for what is essentially a fluff competition. They usually have only 5 judges for these fluff events, so I don't see how they could throw out the high and low marks.

I also think the USFSA would have mentioned it on their website if, indeed, the CoP was to be used.

So I think we have here a story from a reporter who simply doesn't know a thing about figure skating.

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Trust me, the reporter didn't check this much. I read on another board that the print article included a lovely picture of Fumie Suguri, identifying her as "8 time national champion and 5 time world champion Michelle Kwan." :rolleye: God forbid the reporter would take the time to have the facts checked, by him or someone else...

lulu

Final Flight
At least it wasn't a picture of Tim Goebel id him as 8 time national and 5 time world champion Michelle Kwan.:D

I seem to recall other newspaper articles wrongly identifying skaters too.:rolleye:

I'm not so sure a New York audience will appreciate the CoP. They will look for beautiful skating and one jump is the same as another. (I'm not talking about savvy ice fans.)

So whether CoP is used or not the bottom line at the Garden will be beautiful skating. that's it!

Joe

Mistyeyed

Rinkside
If they are going to break down the tech. ,and score each tech. ,element, should they not bread down each art., element and take the total from both????:confused: That would seem more fair to the skaters. Because what if your more artistical of a skater or more tech., of a skater???? Someones going to get the shaft as usual, whats really new???:rolleye:

I'm more interested in the difference between an overrotated lesser jump and an underrotated greater jump. To me it's in the eye of the Caller whom we must have full faith and trust.

Also is one flutz worse than another?

I hope they stick to 6.0 judging for this event.

Joe

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Supposedly there are only five judges which suggests the old ordinal system, so I don't think COP will be used.

that's a sensible idea and should have been used at Nederlander so we could all see the difference. I hope they do let us know what the 3 CoP judges come up with since we'll actually see the skater, too for overall comparison.

Joe

Seonaid920

On the Ice
on one of the morning shows they said a lot of the skaters will be unveiling their new short and long Programs and that the new code of points will be in effect.