SOI Providence & Hartford | Golden Skate

SOI Providence & Hartford

skamper23

Medalist
Just got back from my week-end with SOI!! It's such a happy place, sweet escape, maybe even a little guilty pleasure :love:Just leave your troubles at the door and enjoy the ride they take you on! It was really neat to see the slight changes in the show from the opening night in Lake Placid to now. For example Yuka coming out and fainting after Mike's AC/DC number. She didn't do that in LP. Also, Ilia switched the order of his two solos!

I'll start w/Providence. I was so happy to see the great attendance. It was so good that I had to settle for not so good seats! I was literally stuffed in a corner to the right of the tunnel near the big screen TV! Oh wait before the show even started....while waiting in line to get in, I saw Michael Weiss & son stroll by!!! No-one seemed to notice....I had to keep from screaming out,"Hey it's Mike" but boy I wanted too!

Right before the show started I saw Mike help his son to a seat along side the tunnel. The first half of the show seemed to fly by. D/L didn't skate either of their solo's, but were in all the group numbers and did transitions. Todd got :clap::clap: before he even skated, he popped a big jump, but there were no falls. When Todd & Jen came out for the trivia question, Todd said his favorite skating memory is of his 1996 World Medal that he won and put around his Mom's neck, then told us that his Mom was here today!!

In the 2nd half during John's number he nailed his first jump, then something happened on his 2nd. Not a pop, but like he stopped it before he left the ground, which made him kind of skid. I thought he was going to end up in the front row, but he made a quick recovery! Yuka had a fall in her "Long & Winding Road" number. Ilia had a hand down on his first triple jump, then popped the next one. It all went by so quick that I was glad to see it all again today in Hartford! (Todd's "Is Nothing Sacred Anymore" was stuck in my head all night!)

Today's show was fabulous!! The XL Center is bigger than Providence's Dunkin' Donuts center (forgot to mention :yes:a walking donut and cup of coffee greeted us in the lobby!)

Anyway, I was able to get much better seats today..:bow:..2nd row center ice! Much closer to the action!!! The opening went well. Jeff was so charming! Love his smile, you can tell he enjoys being out there. I love Jen's dress to her Angel program, it sparkles when the lights hit it! Jen shows her musicality in this one! Sasha's wings are gorgeous! She could make a whole program out of that! I was very happy to see D/L skate both programs today!! They are a beautiful couple! Yuka is wonderful!! Jeff and Sasha both took falls today but recovered quickly, John had a hand down on his 2nd jump, but other than that everything was very smooth!! Group number were awesome. When Mike does his back flip during "Sock Him In The Jaw" he tries to catch his hat...he missed yesterday, but caught it today...and then hammed it up!! Loved the Guys group number!! What's not to like about that?? Costumes are looking a little worn out at this point in the tour! Mike's shirt for his AC/DC number...I swear had more holes in it today than yesterday :laugh:must be all the crazy fans wanting a piece of Mike!! It's so cute how he smirks when he hears "Cat calls" from the crowd!!! I just don't know if that shirts going to make it to Portland! And how about Axel Edge's hair?? Is someone hanging it out the tour bus window??? And during the finale I noticed some of the letters of the guys names were starting to peel off. Everyone still seems like they are having the time of their lives out there. I didn't manage to catch a strawberry at either show, but as we were leaving today we were handed gift bags from Smucker's with 3 sample jars of jams, coupons, magnets & recipes!! I already can't wait to see the show again in Albany in two weeks!!!:rock:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the review.

Wait a minute...you're seeing THREE shows??

Skamper was fortunate enough to see the Lake Placid debut show, so she will get to see her 4th (!) show in Albany, NY. Ah ... the advantages of living in New England! :yes:

Fantastic review, skamper. :clap: How interesting to hear about the changes since Lake Placid. I loved hearing that Todd got such a warm reception before he skated and the announcement that his mom was in the audience (memories of my favorite moment in figure skating, period :love:). I was also very glad to hear that Marie France & Patrice did both programs last night. Hope she'll have time to heal and be OK for the rest of the tour.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was also very glad to hear that Marie France & Patrice did both programs last night. Hope she'll have time to heal and be OK for the rest of the tour.
Skamper thanks for the great report!!

What happened to Marie France??? I saw them a Skate Canada and she is sooooooo tiny.