Ideas of Themes for all skaters | Golden Skate

Ideas of Themes for all skaters

rosee

On the Ice
I know it's a little early for that but the old thread has been archived and Worlds, the last competition of the season is coming.

Davis & White:

So last night I had a dream...about The Tudors! (they are re-airing the first season here and I've become quite obsessed with it :biggrin:) But Henri and Anne were not played by JRM and Nathalie Dormer in my dream but...Charlie & Meryl :p
I really think that it could suit them because Meryl has that ability to look like an angel and the next second a devil like Nathalie Dormer. But I'm not sure about Charlie as Henri.

Brian Joubert:

I think he'll be perrfect as Don Juan. Seriously, he has that seductor look and he'll also be great at portraying the other side of DJ: the one seeking for Liberty and refusing to follow the rules.

Virtue & Moir:
I'd love to see them do a romantic "Vampire" themed program as an Ex (I'd like them to try different styles in their FDs) . I think they'll do justice to "Close Your Eyes" by Christopher Beck (Buffy & Angel theme)

Pechalat & Bourzat:

I'd love to see them do like Mukhortova & Trankov and do a program on their opposition. Maybe the Lady & The Hooligan too.

viv

On the Ice
I always would have liked a male skater with a good feelig for music doing L'apres midi d'un faun. Johnny? Adam Rippon? I'm afraid we will not see it, though, becaus a lot of people would think it way too much over the top. :biggrin:

lmarie086

Medalist
I've always thought Meryl Davis has the perfect face for portraying a nymph or something, and Charlie could pull of an English gentleman. They could do something whimsical, I think it'd be really enjoyable.
I love the Anne Boleyn idea, but it would be hard to picture Charlie as Henry VIII.
I also think they'd be a great team to use The Red Violin.

I think Emily Samuelson would be great for using music from Anne of Green Gables, but I can't picture Evan as Gilbert. But she said somewhere that she really likes Pride & Prejudice, and I love the music in that movie. It would be nice for them to have good music in their FD.

It would be cool to see Tessa and Scott do a vampire story. That would be so different from anything they've ever done.

~tapdancer

On the Ice
Scott Moir would make a gorgeous vampire! They totally could pull that off. Maybe use some music from "Twilight"?

I hit the bullseye this season calling D/W's choice of music for FD. Think I could get lucky again? I'm thinking but don't have a good idea yet...

antmanb

Record Breaker
Agreed. That would be so cheesy. Maybe music from 1992 Bram Stoker's Dracula? Or Interview with a Vampire? Both of those have some decent music.

Can the FD have vocal music in it? I love Annie Lennox's Love song for a Vampire and would love to see someone skate to it.

Ant

rosee

On the Ice
As long as it's not "Twilight"

I wanted to say that but I didn't want to hurt Twilight Fans :eek:

I had another idea today for Florent Amodio:
A mix between the Goodbye Lenin soundtrack, The Chaiman's Waltz and Ruled by Secrecy by Muse

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
I wanted to say that but I didn't want to hurt Twilight Fans :eek:

I'm a Twilight fan (it's a guilty pleasure lol), doesn't hurt me at all. The movie had horrible music for the most part, I only liked some of the original compositions (I only really liked "I Know What You Are").

I feel like Pechalat/Bourzat could pull of a mime program, but that might be too similar to clowns in a way.

Khokhlova/Novitski could do an awesome pirates program, if you ask me.

Last edited:

~tapdancer

On the Ice
As far as the music from "Twilight", I don't find it cheesy. But that's just my opinion. The other "Dracula" music has been used before. K/N would make great pirates..she's a wench after all!:p

myinterest

Rinkside
That's so funny, I've been obsessed for a while now with the idea of Tessa and Scott doing a vampire routine! :biggrin: I wouldn't mind a little Twilight in the mix :p (like, say, "I Know What You Are"), but I probably don't have a say in this. :laugh:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I like the Henery the Eight and Anne Bolyen idea for Meryl and Charlie, i remember we threw that around last off-season. The Red Violin would also be great for them.

as for Virtue and Moir I would love to see them keep this year's freedance, but other options would be Tristan and Isolde...something about Tessa makes me think of that story.

I think that Evan should skate to Great Gig in the Sky... as long as they don't call the screaming/moaning "vocals." Otherwise Conquest of Paradise.

Johnny really needs to break out the mold and skate to something more well known and identifiable. I would really like to see him play a character... he could do it.

My best idea would be for skaters to do two three minute routines of different tempos to be chosen by an official from a country not involved in the competition,, and the skaters should be as free as a Swan or a Toreador.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I can't see any of the male ice dancers as Henry the 8th.

It's the Olympics. It will be boring dances almost for sure, so I'm going to make some insane suggestions for the fun of it.

I'd love to see a Paul Simon program for DelSchoes, including Late In The Evening.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUvQl2OZBD8
and Still Crazy After All These Years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46bkXgxb66E

I'd like to see Davis and White do Zydeco for the OD (if it's a folk OD), but no ideas for the FD.

I'd love to see the Kerrs or Pechalat and Bourzat do a reggae program to Bob Marley =maybe
Africa Unite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnqGyzWPpp4&feature=related
Stir It Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6U-TGahwvs&feature=related
Could You Be Loved
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQlOLARxC_A

I'd like to see Faiella & Scali do Wyclef Jean
Fast Car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChUz...C4D2C1C8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=22

Hips Don't Lie (maybe the version in Spanish with Shakira?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztUTgJFEtoA&feature=related

I'd like to see Samuelson & Bates do a ballet themed program. They have lovely balletic posture and extension-they should use it in a ballet program.
Maybe Giselle?

I'd love to see K&N do Pirates of the Caribbean-they would swash & buckle superlatively

I'd like to see Domnina and Shabalin do something or other from Mussorgsky's Pictures in an Exhibition.

I like the V&M Dracula idea.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight

Brian Joubert:

I think he'll be perrfect as Don Juan. Seriously, he has that seductor look and he'll also be great at portraying the other side of DJ: the one seeking for Liberty and refusing to follow the rules.

Tha character would definitely suite him, though one would have to find good music. I'd say Pirate's of the Carribean, although mentally he has trouble with "epic" themes. Maybe something by Era.

Yu Na Kim

The Snowman. Only she has the grace and fragility to skate to it.

Delobel & Schoenfelder:

Amelie. They have the maturity and "intellectuality" to skate to it.

Mao Asada:

Kitaro music or "Guitarra Latina" by Edvin Marton.

Carolina Kostner:

Adagio by Albioni

Daisuke Takahashi:

Music from the "Sadisfaction" albun be Gregorian

Davis & White:

Für Elise by Mozart or Pride & Prejudice.

Florent Amiodo:

Anything by Michael Jackson

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
I think Emily Samuelson would be great for using music from Anne of Green Gables, but I can't picture Evan as Gilbert. But she said somewhere that she really likes Pride & Prejudice, and I love the music in that movie. It would be nice for them to have good music in their FD.

It would be cool to see Tessa and Scott do a vampire story. That would be so different from anything they've ever done.

I love your Anne of Green Gables idea.:love:

But I would have Tessa and Scott as Anne and Gibert instead! Probably because I'm such a fan of their Tenessee Waltz program.:yes: