The Twilight series of books | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The Twilight series of books

heyang

Record Breaker
Talk about flogging a dead horse! Maybe she can right another book from the perspective of Renee next, and then when she's gone through all the main and minor characters she can write it from the persepctive of the nurse who Bella goes to when she feels sick at the sight of blood in the first book :rolleye: :rofl: maybe someone could introduce her to a thesaurus too :laugh:

Ant

You may not like the books, but at least it's gotten teens reading something and she's made quite a bit of money. So, I think she has the last laugh:biggrin:!

antmanb

Record Breaker
You may not like the books, but at least it's gotten teens reading something and she's made quite a bit of money. So, I think she has the last laugh:biggrin:!

I suppose anything that encourages people to read can only be a good thing. Writers all have to start somewhere I suppose, so hopefully she will improve. Hats off to her for making good money too - it is a rare and wonderful thing when someone can make good money from doing something they love (regardless of how well they actually do it!).

Ant

Enero

On the Ice
A good young adult novel should be something that can appeal to anyone. There are plenty of wonderful writers who stick to that genre because they're drawn to it, but they're every bit as talented as those who write for adults.

In other words, I don't think you find the writing style to be weak because it's a young adult novel, but rather because it's bad writing. :)

Perhaps you are right. Harry Potter was supposedly written for the teens and tweens, and I thought JK Rowling did a very good job establishing the characters and plot.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Perhaps you are right. Harry Potter was supposedly written for the teens and tweens, and I thought JK Rowling did a very good job establishing the characters and plot.

I think that the clever thing JK Rowling did with the Harry Potter books was develop the writing in them so that a kid who picked up the first book when it came out aged 9 or 10 could continue reading the books as they were written and find that they were still being pitched at the right level for their reading ability.

The first two or three books begin with a very child-like recap of events you often find in children's books, the later books much more subtly remind you of previous plotlines and sometimes leave to have to remember it by the time to get to the final books.

Ant