Practice Reports-3/22 and earlier | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports-3/22 and earlier

Medusa

Record Breaker
Thanks for the practise report - it's especially great to hear how some skaters seem completely different on ice (e.g. Joubert and Kostner - who often get bashed for their high PCS, but who might actually deserve them because of something you just can't really catch or understand on a TV / computer screen).

Glad to hear about Miki. Did the Quad make an appearance?

life684

Final Flight
Thanks for the practice report, this gives some insight into how some athletes are faring. Some of them we haven't seen for nearly 2 months.

& I just love your poster, Medusa.

Last edited:

irinas

Rinkside
LADIES:
Miki looked great. Her jumps are so big and she is so slender and pretty in real life. Both Miki and Fumie worked hard in their afternoon session, unlike so many others.

Rachael indeed looks much prettier in real life--beautiful hair and skin. Her jumps were good (but then, I don't have slo-mo eyes). She needs to work on spins and spiral.

Canadians did not show

Yuna Kim fell not once but twice during steps, but laughed it off.

Carolina Kosner--first time seeing her live--her speed is spectacular, amazing footwork.

DANCE

last two groups Sunday evening: Russians, French, and US--what a treat. But Davis and White were a no show.

Can you tell us more about Carolina ? How were her jumps, spins ?

Thank you for the information by the way !:rock:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
thank you SO SO much everybody who is sharing practice reports with us.

Funny that yu-na fell twice on her steps so late in the season. The patttern should be very comfortable for her by now unless maybe she made some changes to get a higher level.

Eddie Lee

On the Ice
Please, some reports about Tomas Verner ??? Thank you!

Glad to.........Never a fan of Verner (I resented his high placements when he made errors) BUT.....of all the groups I saw last night including all but the Americans, I was most impressed by his skating skills. Such speed and ease over the ice, beautiful footwork. He did the SP without jumps, primarily footwoork, only----but that footwork!!!!! He did practice jumps and jump combos in isolation and had problems similar to what we have seen in his performances this year. He attempted quads, quad combos, and 3 axels with varying success.This is early in the practice schedule. Hopefully he can work out some of the jump kinks. But again that ease, speed and flow across the ice is worth the watch!.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I always thought that Verner has incredible skating skills, but then again I saw him live quite a few times... It's just different live. Plushenko live is amazing too.

Passion Patinage is reporting that Joubert landed numerous Quads, Quad Toeloops as well as Quad Salchows.

Foro de Patinaje Artístico adds that Joubert also didn't fall even once on a Quad. (wasn't it that way at Euros too? But then in the LP - zut, big step-out...)

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
mice to hear that Joubert is landing the quad sachow. I so would like to see him land two quads...one of each in his LP. i miss those.

sorcerer

Final Flight
I'm excited that Miki is in good form. I want her to reclaim her title! She's such a fighter. Go, Miki!
Yes, go for it, there's nothing to lose!

It's been reported that Miki was refining her LP on her own from late January to late February in Japan, without Morozov. So some of her new movements may show her own taste, though probably re-tuned by Nicholai in march...

BTW, anyone can tell us, how is the practice rink in the Convention Center like? I've read somewhere that it's the same size as in the Staples Center.
And the second day practices... took place there with spectators?

Last edited:

LeCygne

Final Flight
Funny that yu-na fell twice on her steps so late in the season. The patttern should be very comfortable for her by now unless maybe she made some changes to get a higher level.

Hmm, yeah. But I guess I'd be more worried if it wasn't Yu-Na we're talking about. Though on the other hand, those pictures of her falling on her shoulder don't look good...

mrd2301

Rinkside
Thanks for posting the practice reports, guys. Those posts are really interesting to read! ;)

Ms.Anthrope

On the Ice
Hmm, yeah. But I guess I'd be more worried if it wasn't Yu-Na we're talking about. Though on the other hand, those pictures of her falling on her shoulder don't look good...

She seemed totally fine after the fall, and her 3/2 AM practice was really good.

npa

Match Penalty
Thank you all for the reports!
Did someone so Virtue-Moir? How they was?

beep_beep

Medalist
Foro de Patinaje Artístico adds that Joubert also didn't fall even once on a Quad. (wasn't it that way at Euros too? But then in the LP - zut, big step-out...)

Nice, spanish forum... thanks for the link (actually, should I thank someone who just gave me a new addiction ?:laugh:)

I'm not sure if I can post the pictures here, but did you see that brunette Shabalin is skating with ? Took me a long time to get convinced of her identity...:p

Ms.Anthrope

On the Ice
I'm not sure if I can post the pictures here, but did you see that brunette Shabalin is skating with ? Took me a long time to get convinced of her identity...:p

She should have been brunette a loooong time ago. Much prettier & looks younger now. You almost don't recognize her.

victoria90

On the Ice
Finally pics of Oksana brunette! I was waiting for them, she said she had changed her hair color like a month on their official website but I couldn't actually picture her, I like it!

And thanks for the link! It's nice it's all in spanish, I'm so used to read everything in enligsh lol.

lmarie086

Medalist
Oh I think Oksana looks much prettier as a brunette! IMO it softens her face in a way that the bleached blonde did not. Not to mention I really like their new costumes.

Good luck to them! I hope the reports that his knees are better are true, because I really like them and would like to see them regain their form. I can't help but be skeptical, but I'm hoping for the best for them.