Practice Reports-3/22 and earlier | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports-3/22 and earlier

cBrittSK8

Spectator
My daughter is giving me reports and she says that Brian Joubert is looking really good (and not just his skating ;)) Says he did a perfect long program tonight and landed a 4 salchow & 4 toe.

Tigger

Final Flight
Domnina was a brunette originally but went blonde around 2004 I think.

That explains it then. I always wondered about that due to her skin tone. I might be thinking of someone else here, but doesn't Oksana have a ruddy skin tone? People w/that colour to their skin should never, ever, *ever* go blonde. It just doesn't work.

Can't wait to see how she looks as a brunette, but from the posts, sounds like it was a great move. :)

Thanks to one and all for the Practice Reports. It's after 1AM here, so I really should be in bed, but Korea and Japan just don't seem to want to win the Final of the World Baseball Classic, so here I am.

They mentioned some of the Japanese skaters and possibly Yu-Na were at the game tonight. Not sure how true that is, but there it is.

Kinga

Medalist
Thanks for the practise report - it's especially great to hear how some skaters seem completely different on ice (e.g. Joubert and Kostner - who often get bashed for their high PCS, but who might actually deserve them because of something you just can't really catch or understand on a TV / computer screen).
Then I hope you will see Patrick Chan live someday, so you might stop bashing his PCS :)

Oh I think Oksana looks much prettier as a brunette!

Speaking of hair color. Is Voloshozhar still blond? I liked her so much more when she had darker hair (brownish).

evangeline

Record Breaker
My daughter is giving me reports and she says that Brian Joubert is looking really good (and not just his skating ;)) Says he did a perfect long program tonight and landed a 4 salchow & 4 toe.

Perhaps this is his reply back to Chan? :)

Medusa

Record Breaker
Then I hope you will see Patrick Chan live someday, so you might stop bashing his PCS :)

I was at TEB this season. And I think I wrote that I was impressed, but not more impressed than I was by Kozuka. Post from back then...

I am really glad that Joubert is doing this well, but I don't get my hopes up - the German commentators said at Europeans that Joubert looked incredibly good throughout all the practises, then came the LP and he fell, doubled and stepped out of jumps.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I am so happy that Joubert is skating well. When he is on he just makes you feel goo with his skating. I hope he can kcik some serious you know what this year!

DragonPhoenix

On the Ice
Ando looked wonderful and her posture & stroking, which look so labored on TV, didn't look bad in person. Didn't do a whole of jumps but they were big & nicely landed when she did attempt them.

Miki looked great. Her jumps are so big and she is so slender and pretty in real life.

According to the Japanese press, Miki seems to have landed quad sal in the evening session.

Thank you everyone for the reports :)

Go Miki !! :rock:

Medusa

Record Breaker
I am so happy that Joubert is skating well. When he is on he just makes you feel goo with his skating. I hope he can kcik some serious you know what this year!
Passion Patinage reports that he has been landing 3A-3T during the last practise (very rare for him) and 3R-3T (nice strategy if he is still a bit shaky on the Lutz and fights against the Lip).

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I'd like to add my thanks to all who are giving us practice reports.

It takes me back. :) I hope no one leaves their best work on the practice floor; practices can be debilitating, even though building and maintaining the muscle memory is important. Now that we are so close to the competition itself, the inevitable, merciless excitement takes hold of me, in spite of my best efforts to remain cool, calm, and collected lol.

What I hope for most, is that there will be no injuries.