Live - Random posting/musings from L.A. | Golden Skate

Live - Random posting/musings from L.A.

Ms.Anthrope

On the Ice
Thought I would start a separate thread for anyone who is at the Worlds to post anything besides the actual comps or practices.

I'm about to head off to Wilshire Grand to get my credential & head off to the Convention center. Still need to connect with a dogsitter for tomorrow & figure out when to get my hair done while I'm in L.A...

Ms.Anthrope

On the Ice
It's amazing how different it is to watch any sport live vs. on TV.

Hamilton, Browning & Orser shared a HUGE bucket of popcorn. MK was with them watching the Ladies practice.

Sat next to Morozov which I didn't realize for about half an hour.

Kawaguchi, or should I say Kavaguti, is tiny tiny.

I think I nearly elbowed YuNa in the face by mistake.:p

Tamara Moskvina was busy trying to get a name of music store on Hollywood.

Caroline Zhang was there watching the Ladies practice. She was rocking heels and jeans but she still looked so young. Very cute.

Last edited:

Wrlmy

Medalist
It's amazing how different it is to watch any sport live vs. on TV.

Hamilton, Browning & Orser shared a HUGE bucket of popcorn. MK was with them watching the Ladies practice.
Sat next to Morozov which I didn't realize for about half an hour.

Kawaguchi, or should I say Kavaguti, is tiny tiny.

I think I nearly elbowed YuNa in the face by mistake.:p

Tamara Moskvina was busy trying to get a name of music store on Hollywood.

:love: Did you get to talk to her at all? Thank you so much for the interesting reads:clap:

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
This is going to be fun and interesting thread, too. I am getting really excited about this competition. THANK YOU!!!!

Ms.Anthrope

On the Ice
The temp in the Staples Center is not too bad at all. On the other hand, the temp in the Convention Center is really cold.

Scott Hamilon had the right idea by bringing a blanket for the cold cold metal bleachers. My poor frozen buttocks...

Priscilla Hill was wearing a very colorful track suit that reminded me of something out of "That 70's Show." Ran into her at Rite Aid with both us holding more than we can handle with two hands. Seems very sweet.

Joubert was wearing a really cool pair of shoes before his practice session. So wanted to ask where he got them since I'm a total shoe-sl&t. :biggrin:

Didn't recognize Mukhortova because she was so small & we were standing next to each for about 15 minutes!

Tracy Wilson is aging very well.

Orson, Hamilton & Browning looked very chummy. Nice to see them hanging out together.

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the tidbits of information, Ms.Anthrope. :thumbsup: Very kind of you to share! :bow:

Trewyn

Medalist
It's really fun to read about all this! I really want to go to a major competition like Worlds sometime... It must be so exciting being near all these skaters, running in to them as you say. Maybe I should start saving *now* for tickets to the Olympics..

Medusa

Record Breaker
Thanks for the cool reports - I can't believe it's already time for Worlds :love:. Reading the reports really gets me into the right mood.... :rock:

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Just a random finding...

For any fans of Jessica Dube & Bryce Davison, I found a cute article with pictures and a short video clip with a new interview on the CTV Olympic website.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/figure-skating/news/newsid=7485.html#chemistry+gives+dube+davison+edge

There are also articles and a few videos about Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir, Joannie Rochette and Patrick Chan on the main figure skating page.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/figure-skating/index.html

I'm not sure if the videos can be viewed outside of Canada...:scratch:

lcd

Match Penalty
Any Mirai citings? She's another local and is supposed to be doing commentary for Japanese TV?

Ms.Anthrope

On the Ice
Saw Oleg Vasiliev holding on to Mukhortova's Louis Vuitton during the practice. Well, I hope it was Mukhortova's.:biggrin:

Urmanov is another skater who is aging well. Nice smile.

Kostner and I have the same Lululemon tights. Unfortunately, they look soooo much better on her long legs.:scowl:

I think I love watching the ice dance practice. Some definite jockeying going on during the Team FRA & Team RUS CD practice. Was expecting a nice b**ch-slap but didn't get any.:p

I'm used to seeing tall tanned tennis players, so being surrounded by short pale people is pretty jarring. Almost feel embarrassed by how tanned I look.

Rachael Flatt needs to spend some time with me. She'll get a nice tan and I'll give her a smokin' make-over.:yes:

Last edited:

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Thanks for your reports Ms Anthrope! I enjoy reading them. And I can't wait for world's to start!

Saw Oleg Vasiliev holding on to Mukhortova's Louis Vuitton during the practice. Well, I hope it was Mukhortova's.:biggrin:

It is, Vasiliev always seems to end up carrying Mukhortova's handbag:laugh:

I think I love watching the ice dance practice. Some definite jockeying going on during the Team FRA & Team RUS CD practice. Was expecting a nice b**ch-slap but didn't get any.:p

It's always interesting to watch when there's some conflict. Any glares though? Which Team FRA and which Team RUS?

Ms.Anthrope

On the Ice
A few more things...

My eyes are red from watching too much live figure skating? I forgoIt to bring my glasses, so I'm walking around with my contacts & red eyes that make me look like I've been partying hard.

I kept running into & sitting next next to a guy from Team Japan who I recognized but quite couldn't place. I knew he wasn't a skater but just couldn't remember until it dawned on me that he's Mao's trainer. Duh...

MK is watching most of Ladies practices in the main rink. She came down when YuNa was done with her practice to chat. YuNa, MK & Orser seemed to be having a lovely time laughing & chatting away, then MK went right back up to the booth area when YuNa left. Isn't MK YuNa' idol or something?

MK looks very mature & beautiful.

Is Pelletier here coaching or something?

Oh, is Karen Kwan coaching? I think I saw her coaching a male skater. She' so much taller than MK!

Last edited: