Pairs SP | Golden Skate

Pairs SP

Medusa

Record Breaker
How did Duhamel / Buntin end up in the middle group? With Kemp / King and the lower Canadians. That's not good, that's not good at all...

And Maks & Masha skate before, well, every other Top pair except for Zhang / Zhang - with Pang / Tong, D/B and Savchenko & Szolkowy still to come after that. Will the judges be as generous as at Europeans (they earned it!) if nearly every other Top pair is still to skate?

:think:

Well, I can't wait. I want it to be tomorrow night right now!

irinas

Rinkside
How did Duhamel / Buntin end up in the middle group? With Kemp / King and the lower Canadians. That's not good, that's not good at all...

And Maks & Masha skate before, well, every other Top pair except for Zhang / Zhang - with Pang / Tong, D/B and Savchenko & Szolkowy still to come after that. Will the judges be as generous as at Europeans (they earned it!) if nearly every other Top pair is still to skate?

:think:

Well, I can't wait. I want it to be tomorrow night right now!

As far as I know, the starting order is made according to the World Ranking. So you shouldn't complain about Duhamel/Buntin.

You are so lucky. Since I live in Turkey, I won't be able to watch the competition because It will be 08.00 o clock in Turkey when the short finishes. At that time, I will be in the school , wondering the results.:biggrin: Luckily, I am going to watch the ladies' which is my favorite discipline ! :rock:

EDIT

I have just realised that you live in Germany. The situation must almost be the same with me ! :)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pairs - Short Program

Starting Order

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Nina IVANOVA / Filip ZALEVSKI
BUL
2 Vanessa JAMES / Yannick BONHEUR
FRA
3 Caydee DENNEY / Jeremy BARRETT
USA
4 Ksenia OZEROVA / Alexander ENBERT
RUS

Warm-Up Group 2
5 Anais MORAND / Antoine DORSAZ
SUI
6 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Yannick KOCON
ITA
7 Marina AGANINA / Dmitri ZOBNIN
UZB
8 Ekaterina SOKOLOVA / Fedor SOKOLOV
ISR

Warm-Up Group 3
9 Amanda SUNYOTO-YANG / Darryll SULINDRO-YANG
TPE
10 Jessica CRENSHAW / Chad TSAGRIS
GRE
11 Maylin HAUSCH / Daniel WENDE
GER
12 Joanna SULEJ / Mateusz CHRUSCINSKI
POL

Warm-Up Group 4
13 Stacey KEMP / David KING
GBR
14 Mylene BRODEUR / John MATTATALL
CAN
15 Meagan DUHAMEL / Craig BUNTIN
CAN

Warm-Up Group 5
16 Maria SERGEJEVA / Ilja GLEBOV
EST
17 Keauna MCLAUGHLIN / Rockne BRUBAKER
USA
18 Yue ZHANG / Lei WANG
CHN

Warm-Up Group 6
19 Dan ZHANG / Hao ZHANG
CHN
20 Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV
RUS
21 Qing PANG / Jian TONG
CHN

Warm-Up Group 7
22 Jessica DUBE / Bryce DAVISON
CAN
23 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV
RUS
24 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Stanislav MOROZOV
UKR
25 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY
GER

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

That was my first thought as well upon seeing the skate order, Medusa. I'm completely surprised by D/B's placement in the draw. I would have expected them to at least be in the same group as the Americans M/B. They have IMO been stronger than the Americans.

Alicja

On the Ice
Denney/Barrett didn't have the right touch at the draw either. I hope they will be repayed with a good SP tomorrow. I was going to say great but didn't wanna jinx them.

lcd

Match Penalty
A consolation for D/B... Code of Points has made a "bad draw" a bit less of an issue. Hopefully they can get a lot of fan support. It can be a problem skating early when the house isn't quite full yet. Hopefully they'll feel confident, lay down some powerful stuff, like at nationals.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
not too good for Denny/Barrett. McLaughlin and Brubaker aren't that great either.

beep_beep

Medalist

S/S were first to skate in the SP last year. It didn't end up too bad for them...

But it doesn't matter, because D/B will kick a** (with a triple twist *wishing*) and will end up top 5 after the SP :rock: (*fingers crossed*)

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
:rock: Yay! I can watch the Pairs SP in between lessons! Go M/T, P/T!

I have never heard of any of the skaters in Group 3 before. :scratch:

rosee

On the Ice
The only event I'll be able to watch!!!! Group 2 and 3 look quite weak if you compare it to group 1 :unsure:

MissCleo

On the Ice
I was looking around for a place to watch compulsories, to no avail. But, with the help of a site providing free translations (i really need to learn another language), i found that turkish tv is showing the pairs short.

Here's the main page http://www.trt.net.tr/TV/TvAna.aspx

Link of the schedule http://www.trt.net.tr/TV/TvAkis.aspx?gunler=1&kanal=3&akistur=1&tdgun=0&control=-1

link to what time it is in Turkey http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_TR.aspx

FWI: Artistik Patinaj translates to figure skating

Directions to actual channel: on the main page in the top right corner, click on the box labelled "Canli". from there click on the TRT3 icon.

The short programs starts so late at night (or early in the morning) that I know that i will forget how to get there. At least now i have directions somewhere to follow that i can't lose in my pile of mess.

BTW I had to download microsoft silverlight to get the station to work. O generally hate downloading new stuff, but at least this is a program that I have heard of before (even if I have no clue what it does)

Medusa

Record Breaker
If pairs starts in L.A. at 7 p.m. and it's GMT-8. Then it starts at 4 a.m. GMT+1. Right? So I can get 3 hours of sleep now...

skatingbc

Final Flight
If pairs starts in L.A. at 7 p.m. and it's GMT-8. Then it starts at 4 a.m. GMT+1. Right? So I can get 3 hours of sleep now...

I don't think so because LA is already in daylight savings time. They're really only GMT-7 now. I think anyway...

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Medusa, at present, Germany is at 8 hours later than California, so the Pairs SP starts at 4 a.m. your time.

Here is the URL for the Pairs starting order, so you can estimate when to set your alarm to watch the Pairs you want. It should be available live on Turkish TV. Please get some sleep. The Turkish schedule is set to repeat the Pairs SP at 14:00 Turkish time (Wednesday), which is presently at one hour later than yours.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2009/SEG005.HTM

By the way, I got the Turkish schedule from irinas, on page:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26562&page=2

Thanks again, irinas! :)

Last edited: