Pairs SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP

herios

Medalist
Buntin's spiral positions are pretty fantastic, he is very flexible and it doesn't look as painful as it does with other male pair skaters - he looks great during those spirals (and he is such an old guy).

He's 28, is that old ? I wish I was 28 again (sigh)

herios

Medalist
I'm watching on Bold.

You know...That twist of Megan and Craig's...It looked like it was supposed to be a triple, but something didn't feel right and Megan popped it. It had the height for the triple, but it just didn't happen.

I don't think so. They always do a double and it looked like a planned double to me. She raised her hands to make a position variation, if she was planning a triple, she had to wrap her arms around her body to help the faster rotation...

Medusa

Record Breaker
He's 28, is that old ? I wish I was 28 again (sigh)
Well, it's alright and rather normal for a pair skater I guess. I just mean it concerning flexibility, throughout the years it really gets worse, especially with the men.

Tenorguy

On the Ice
I'm using this one and have only had minimal problems with it.

mms://212.156.63.226/tv3

This link is working for me; its playing in Windows Media Player right now. Thanks Gold for the link!

Its nice to see so many people showing up for the pairs - looks as if Staples is pretty full tonight. It was a beautiful day in LA today - about 75 and clear as a bell. Looks like we will have great weather all week.

casken

On the Ice
After struggling on the salchow all season, Rockne finally lands it but of course she falls!

Everything else was fast and powerful, although the throw was a bit scary.

Wow, barely ahead of D&B.

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Despite the fall, I'd have McBru in 2nd. Everything else they did was very good. I hope she can get her SBS jumps under control.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I really liked M/B, they are so fast. But every chance they might have had at a medal seems to be gone now. The top couples are capable of scoring even 10 points more than D/B, who already got 8 points more than M/B.

Even Kemp / King got more on tech - I guess the Triple Salchow was downgraded then.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can't say I'm surprised McLaughlin had a fall. I predicted the 2 American teams would be very close to one another.

gold12345

Medalist
Rockne said in their pre-Worlds teleconference that he's been having trouble on his jumps while Keauna has been pretty consistent. You jinxed her!!

The short program has not been their friend this season, for the most part. :( It's okay, still a decent score considering.

casken

On the Ice
Zhang/Wang

2 Twist
SBS 3 toes - she opens up early
Throw 3 Loop = good!
Lift - ok
sbs - good unison until the end, but still good for a chinese team
Young with potential.

herios

Medalist
I really liked M/B, they are so fast. But every chance they might have had at a medal seems to be gone now. The top couples are capable of scoring even 10 points more than D/B, who already got 8 points more than M/B.

Medal hopes??? They are debuting at worlds. Aren't the expectations way too high for them? They will have a lot of good years ahead of them. Medal at the first outing is rarity.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Can't say I'm surprised McLaughlin had a fall. I predicted the 2 American teams would be very close to one another.

DARN IT! those stupid salchows. I think that Rockne is more likely to show nerves because of his age..at 16 she is just happy to be there. They are way behind. very small chance of making the top 5 even.

Hikaru

Final Flight
Zhang/Wang

2 Twist
SBS 3 toes - she opens up early
Throw 3 Loop = good!
Lift - ok
sbs - good unison until the end, but still good for a chinese team
Young with potential.

Agree with youthey have lots of potential. I'm surprise because they are very young, and still they seem musical, not stiff or awkward at all. I don't think they have been together that long, but definitely a must watch in the future. The chinese usually have lots of problems with the SBS spins, but they held it very well, only at the end. The Spiral sequence was nice, he has good flexibility I think.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
MB did really well for their first outings. I'm really impressed with their speed and attacks. They look much better live. Let's not be so down on them guys.

TCAngel18

Medalist
i REALLY hope pang/tong win...they have so much style, and have been really consistent this year...