Mens SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Mens SP

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Baseless speculation?! Let's look at what happened in the past season. So far, Chan completely robbed the following people:

Ryan Bradley at SC

Kozuka at TEB

Lysacek at 4CC

Hmmmmm, I wonder why we are worried he will rob again?!

So bizarre! I had no idea Chan judged himself and all of the other skaters in each of those competitions.:scratch: It's like Carolina Kostner 2008 Worlds revisited. :banging:

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
As for Joubert, he is known to struggle with the 3Lutz many times, particularly at Worlds, as he has faltered on that particular element in his last 2 Worlds SP performances.
Not true, because there was no lutz in his 2007 SP. Joubert had a hand down on the flip. He later switched to a 3Lz in the SP, to get a higher base mark and because he had edge calls on the flip. Which is too bad, because it's probably his best jump.

I am done debating Chan and his marks - unless the judges really piss me off - so I won't comment further.

Kinga

Medalist
Baseless speculation?! Let's look at what happened in the past season. So far, Chan completely robbed the following people:

Ryan Bradley at SC

Kozuka at TEB

Lysacek at 4CC

Hmmmmm, I wonder why we are worried he will rob again?!

Hmmmm, even if Chan was overscored at 4CC, he definitely deserved to win that one. Robbing Lysacek?? I dont think so...

viv

On the Ice
A clean Oda will score well above 81 anyway, so whatever.

I hope you are right - when I checked out the draw I thought NOOOO!!! :eek:hwell:

Medusa, a big hug for you from Europe - here the SP will be televised live what means in the mid of the night. So you can imagine me sitting in front of my TV and biting my nails. I'll stay away from the chocolate at this time of the day, though. ;)

jennylovskt

Medalist
So why do the international judges wanted to inflate mark to Chan alone? Why?

So basically, he can't lead cause that'd contribute inflated marks from the judges? I think people who think that is really insulting, esp to Chan and his skate. It almost sounds like he didn't earn it, he was given the win from the judges.

I am not the judge. Obviously I cannot answer your question regarding to "why". I only know what I have seen but don't know what the judges were thinking. Do you?

3a
3f-3t
3lz
1a-2t waxel..
3s
3lo
3lz-2t-2lo
2a

With this content in LP at 4CC, he got 160.29.

In SP in the same competition:

3a
3f-3t
3lz

He got 88.90.

That's what I called inflated scores.

And what makes you so certain of this? Lysacek hasn't attempted a quad jump in the SP all season long. Abbott beat him by 3 points at the Nationals when both attempted a 3+3 combination. Is it written in stone that Evan will attempt a quad in the SP let alone land it cleanly if attempted? He has only done 1 clean quad all season long and that was in the LP at 4CC, and even then he finished behind a quad-less Chan. Plus, how do you know Evan won't screw up the 3Axel?, a very shaky jump for him that has a nasty tendency of getting downgraded in international competitions. As for Joubert, he is known to struggle with the 3Lutz many times, particularly at Worlds, as he has faltered on that particular element in his last 2 Worlds SP performances. All of these guys have to skate well . . . I'm not sure what makes you think these 2 have some "considerable cushion" over everyone else. :confused:

The judges can only do what was in their power to do. If these skaters, or any skaters for that matter, majorly screwed up their skating, no matter how much the judges want to hold them up, it's still not enough. They have to skate then been judged, haven't they? The judges cannot give them markes than they skate.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And him robbing Bradley :rofl:

He's been robbed of elite skating skills, difficult transitions, decent choreography, difficult footwork, and great spins, but I certainly don't think Chan had anything to do with that. Actually, you can't be robbed of things you've never had. :p:rofl:

Last edited:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
How I wish Fedor, Johnny and Shawn were here... :frown:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Chan did not physically rob anyone, and he certainly isn't the one to blame IF there was faulty judging. He skates his program, bows, skates off the ice, sits in the kiss and cry and leaves it up to the judges and he either accepts the score or he doesn't just like the audience.

No one has gone "gee, I don't think I deserve that so I'll tell them to switch my score with another skater's" because it's not their job to judge, it's their job to skate.

Michelle'sFan

Rinkside

No one has gone "gee, I don't think I deserve that so I'll tell them to switch my score with another skater's" because it's not their job to judge, it's their job to skate.

Can you imagine the storm that would hit if some skater DID say that! :laugh:

Thanks for the smile.:clap:

Good luck guys!

Michelle'sFan

Alex

On the Ice
Greek TV is on for live coverage! Weee!!!:rock:

I'll probably be here for some Obscure-Skaters PBP:biggrin:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Me too, Siberia, did you see my facebook page posting I sent you?

I'm not in the mood to check Facebook right now. I've been too depressed over the drama surrounding our beloved Fedor. :cry: He could've been out there today, melting the ice with that sexy SP of his, but instead, he's a victim of bureaucracy. :banging:

me too. Lets hope they make it to the olympics.

I'll be praying to the Skate Gods day and night for that. :bow:

Last edited:

Alex

On the Ice
Mikael Redin (SUI)

black t-shirt and such, requiem for a dream

3t-3t with a turn out
3f ouch
camel to sit to catch foot to change catch foot to upright
tries for some choreo, but looks awkward
circle steps
2a hand down (or sth like that)
straight line steps slow
flying sit spin
combo spin
almost a fall in the end

probably the only Swiss skater who is not even a good spinner

Alex

On the Ice
42.29 for Redin (which i found quite generous)

Puerto Rico time!

Andrew Huertas in red and latin-like music

spread eagle to 2a
3l double footed (and no second jump)
3z and something like a half jump in the end
step time, not something special but with some speed
camel to nice change to sit
circle steps, maybe a little tired?
sit spin to change sit to catch foot
voidy finish!

At least he was entertaining!