Mens SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Mens SP

herios

Medalist
Where are you guys watching this? I have Russian, Canadian and Turkish sites open and NOTHING. All the pages are loaded but I don't see any live skating.

Are there links within those sites I should click on? Thanks for any help!

I am in Canada watching on Bold channel, this is a digital cable

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
omigosh Tigran's coach or choreo started playing with his suspenders after his score came in lolololol

Bulgarian now--white blousy shirt, black pants, green cummerbund

ouch---very awkward restoration of balance. this is an ernest skater, but not at all like the last one. very good pancake spin. i would not call this one an artistic skater, he is more the athletic type, and he seems to like to do spins.ok, we're into the footwork---not really graceful--looks like he is working very hard
i do not like his footwork. i am fussy about footwork. it has some difficulty, but it looks awkward.

Georgi Kenchadze --Georgia-- 39.90 into 7th place

(If i run out of hot tea, I shall not be able to continue my odd commentary for long lol--i am a wind-up doll, like Olympia in The Tales of Hoffmann)

up close, i see his pants are green, not black.....i am watching this on a very small streaming screen lolololol--the pants are the same color as the cummerbund, which has green and gold decorations on it. there is green piping on the blousy white top. he is wearing white gloves.

ballerynna

Rinkside
It's 1:30 am here in the Philippines and my internet decided to be all snail-like and won't let me watch any feeds.

Anyway, thanks for the PBP.

So that's Michael Dimalanta, only saw a video in Youtube of him because nationals was never advertised (and the rink they hold it in is in a mall that's very very hard to get to). Hope he'll improve that spin, I like spins that sit really low too.

Still excited that we got to send skaters to Worlds! *and now to sleep so that I can leach internet off from work tomorrow*

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
:) They are on a zamboni break now, so it is being filled with olympic images while I rush around trying to get a few things done before the skating starts again lol--am resorting to chocolate lol

ETA: it's great to see athletes exploding with joy :) there's nothing else like it

Last edited:

shine

Record Breaker
The judges can only do what was in their power to do. If these skaters, or any skaters for that matter, majorly screwed up their skating, no matter how much the judges want to hold them up, it's still not enough. They have to skate then been judged, haven't they? The judges cannot give them markes than they skate.
I think museksk8r's was objecting to the part in your previous post where you suggested that Lysacek and Joubert would be given automatic cushion over everyone else. Sure room saving is common, but why specifically to these two? And why would it be so unlikely for "Abbott and alike" to be in front of these two?? Neither Jourbert or Lysacek has been exactly dominant this season at all, esp. Lysacek, who lost to Abbott twice. And Joubert was only 4th in the LP at CoR, IIRC, and had a debatable win at Euros.

Last edited:

waltzjump

Rinkside
MICHAEL DIMALANTA - PHI
2A
3T-turn (keeps up his free leg) - 1T
2S
Leg wrap doing jumps
slow spins, very slow and basic footwork.
At least he did very short step sequences!

27.53 (11.98 + 15.55)
Easily last

TIGRAN VARDANJAN - HUN
Big 3F-3T
3Lz
2A (small)
Nice jazz choreo and interpretation
The first skater so far who showed some ice command.

53.15 (31.30 + 21.85)
into first

GEORGI KENCHADZE - BUL
3Lo-turn-2T-hand down
2A
3S hard landing
spins tend to slow down

39.90 (21.30 + 18.60)
7-th

MissIzzy

Final Flight
I've watched that stupid running commercial multiple times and it won't load up the stream! :banging: :banging:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Next group warming up now--group 3, Armenia, Israel, Croatia, Republic of South Africa, Poland. I barely made it back in time lol Oh, one of them looks very young...it is Gegham Vardanyan of Armenia

He skates first. All in black. skating carefully. trouble with jump, but did not fall or touch down hand. Same with next jump. now footwork---lookes enthused about that--yes---that's more his thing, i would say--gets lost a little toward the end, but ok, next jump was just a double, i think, but landed more securely. spinning is ok, not great. footwork again--darn went to correct my text, and missed some--spins to end.

he looks very young, so i think he will develop a lot; he has some potential, but needs more confidence, more attack

up close, the black costume has some gold at the high collar and at cuffs, and some shiny black diagonal stripes on the upper portion

Gegham Vardanyan -Aremenia 34.87 into 9th place

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Israeli skater--oops, immediate fall on first jump. looks like black again, coverall, with some gold muted decorative stripes

jumping better now. okay, spins travel too much, but he gets that under control, too
i think he's nervous
footwork--actually mostly using the feet!
sitspin variety
footwork again--strong ankles, has capacity for quickness, needs to develop this
i think there was a final spin--i have a bad tendency to look at my text when i am typing, darn it. I like his combination jump--he just needs to control his nerves--he has ability. oh my gosh, i see a familiar face in the k and c--is that Chaikovskaya? (usually spelled Tchaikovskaya, i guess)--it is!

Maxim Shipov - Israel - 44.85 into 5th place

waltzjump

Rinkside
GEGHAM VARDANYAN - ARM
3Lz-step out-(2T)
3F hand down
serpentine footwork
2A turn
Last spin ends out of time

34.87 (17.32 + 17.55)

waltzjump

Rinkside
MAXIM SHIPOV- ISR
3A fall
3F-2T
3Lz
He jumps high
some creative spin variant
not elegant, but nice skater

44.85 (25.20 + 20.65)

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
oh mi gosh, music of "grease"

Croatian skater--missed his jump, but it was clean--another clean landing--looking away too much--i think that was his combo

enthusiastically into flying sitspin
he's tight. i thik the music helps him with that
footwork very clean but pedestrian --not his specialty

(i think i made a funny, there lol)

sitspin low but sloooooow

ok, not really a spinner

more footwork-to end! i'm not sure, camera kept moving, so no overview, but i think maybe it was serpentine

he is all in black with white design on his back and wristbands, perfect for the music. type is shiny, but very short sleeves let his body breathe.

Boris Martinec--Croatia --42.37 --into 7th place

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Republic of South Africa, i think (RSA)

rotates quickly, with ankles very tightly together. all in black with red stripe the length of the costume, on one side only.

flexible body looking footwork--not my favorite kind.
sitspin kind of high

lands effectively when he jumps, but on a slant in the air! what they call 'out of axis'

must have a cat's ability to land on his feet.

spins are standard, not particularly imaginative, but ends on one. he's okay.
Aw, skates back to hug a fan waving his flag :D that was cute. he was on his way to the k and c but he went back for the hug lol he is looking young and cheerful in the k and c now

Justin Pietersen - Republic of South Africa - 40.39 into 9th place

waltzjump

Rinkside
BORIS MARTINEC - CRO
Skates to Grease
3Lz-3T
2T
2F shame
Good skate, funny interpretation
42.37 (21.82 + 20.55)

sillylionlove

Medalist
I will be royally pissed if Oxygen chacks skaters in groups 6, 7, and 8 who skate well, such as Contesti, Lutai, Berntsson, Voronov, Chipeur, Fernandez, Macypura, and Schultheiss. If all we get are groups 9 & 10, I'll be a little bummed. Come on, Oxygen, make the most of those 2 hours of coverage. No fluff, more skaters, please!

According to my schedule...Oxygen is showing 4 hours of mens' skating,. It say sfrom 4:30 - 6:30 mens short and from 6:30 - 8:30 men's short with the pairs at 12 am!..but you know that on screen guide could be totally wrong....LOL

A.H.Black

Final Flight
I've watched that stupid running commercial multiple times and it won't load up the stream! :banging: :banging:
If you are on firefox there are lots of issues. Change to explorer and see if it works better. Also there is a link at the top of the page that says "video help" Check there.

Just catching up. Michael Dimalenta from the Philippines is/was a U.S. skater. I used to see him in sectionals and such and I think he went to nationals as a novice.