Original Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Original Dance

Tigger

Final Flight
Was glad that Anna and Luca had a good skate. I really enjoyed them last year and have kept my eyes on them ever since.

During the last ice resurface on Bold, Marijane Stong joined PJ to talk Ice Dance and answer some questions sent in from fans. It was really interesting to listen to her explainations about how the OD came into being from when it was the Original Set Pattern to the Original Dance that we now have. I also finally know the difference between a twizzle and a three turn connecting sequence. Actiually both Marijane and PJ did a good job of explaining what to look for to tell them apart.

The last bit though, PJ asked Marijane to tell us about the amber bead necklace she was wearing today. A few years ago, she was the Team Leader for Canada at a competition where both C/P and V/M competed. As a "Thank You" to her for all she did for them during the event, they went out at some point and found this amber necklace for Marijane. She said that ever since that day, it doesn't matter where either team is competiting and it could be the middle of the night in Canada, but she'll put on her amber necklace for them and....So far, it's worked. :biggrin:

Looking forward to the next resurface and talk between the two of them.

Kinga

Medalist
Uhm, what does Verbillo has on his head?? :chorus:
I am not fond of her costume (well, lower part ;))

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Result update

Anna Zadorozhniuk / Sergei Verbillo (UKR) 25.10 + 21.84 = 46.94
Overall 77.28 #4

Do NOT like the guy's hair. Why is it so big?

Eevun

Final Flight
Hmm, I'll have time for just one pair more.. Then the airing of Pairs LP begin here in Sweden. Better to record it maybe.. Then I get to see the ice dance as well.

Medusa

Record Breaker
PS Medusa, do you sleep at all in these days? :)
No, Medusa doesn't. But I am also ill and since I have asthma, I have massive trouble breathing these days -- and the whole sleeping thing is very difficult to begin with. So I live of figure skating and my meds (it's spring break at university).

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I confess I have not kept up with what are the categories this season--I am not seeing what I would call "jive", but rather, 1920's Jazz (Louis Armstrong in 1929, for example--which can be found in the album "Satch plays Fats"), and Swing from the 1940's. Please, what categories are named for this season? I know I was wrong to call it "jive" before--that usually denotes more of a rock n' roll kind of music. I have had to run back and forth, also, so I have missed a lot.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Result update

Emily Samuelson / Evan Bates (USA) 30.90 + 24.07 = 54.97
Overall 87.48 #2

Very good skate indeed! :yes: