Mens' LP | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Mens' LP

life684

Final Flight
With dennis Ten securing 2 spots for Kazakhstan, and i have never heard of any good skaters from that country in recent times. Interestingly at Triglav Trophy they have fielded Abzal Rakimgaliyev and has score 59.01 after sp, has anyone got any idea about him.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Didn't he skate at Mid Atlantics this fall (competition in Hackensack)? I seem to remember JoeSitz went and spoke positively of him. But my memory is not that good...:laugh:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Abzal finished third at Triglav, well behind Preaubert and Urbas and just ahead of Karel Zelenka:

1 Alban PREAUBERT FRA 215.88 1 1
2 Gregor URBAS SLO 192.01 2 2
3 Abzal RAKIMGALIYEV KAZ 165.17 4 4
4 Karel ZELENKA ITA 164.46 8 3

He landed a 3A in combination + four other triples; second 3A was downgraded. Got low levels on most of the non-jump elements. Still, that score is higher than his ISU PB, though it won't count as a new PB, of course. But not bad at all.

I don't know about mid-Atlantics; his ISU bio lists Almaty and Moscow as training sites. Past results include 13th and 14th place finishes at 4CC and a 24th place finish at 2008 Worlds. The only other skater from KAZ listed by the ISU hasn't competed internationally since 2001, so I think as long as Abzal doesn't embarass himself next season, they'll likely send him.

Didn't he skate at Mid Atlantics this fall (competition in Hackensack)? I seem to remember JoeSitz went and spoke positively of him. But my memory is not that good...:laugh:
I believe it was him. A surprise at MidAtl. Problem with Middle Atlantics, it is difficult to get a progam. One has to see the entries and Results from a board.