The ISU and SC have a different stories regarding Fedor Andreev's situation | Page 4 | Golden Skate

The ISU and SC have a different stories regarding Fedor Andreev's situation

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The information was provided by ISU press room staff during Worlds.

Thanks for sharing. This contradicts what the ISU media representative revealed to the editor of IFS magazine. Ugh, it looks like people within the same organization can't get their information straight. :rolleye:

I should ask Steve Milton from "The Hamilton Spectator" who his source is. I wish I knew how to contact Judit Fürst so that I could ask her the same question. As the former head of the Hugarian skating federation, I'd imagine she wouldn't rely on any Joe Schmoe for her facts.

cloudkicker09 did send a fax to the Azerbaijani federation a couple of weeks ago, but she still didn't receive any response. This might indicate that they're the guilty party, or they generally ignore messages submitted by fans. Either way, I'm not happy. :disapp:

Last edited:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This was Steve Milton's reply to my inquiry:

The last time I talked to SC was at Worlds and they told me they would release him under their guidelines. Those guidelines become stricter the better a skater has done is his/her career. As you pointed out Fedor hasn't done much internationally, so SC didn't make him wait a couple of years, as they might have with a more accomplished competitor. Brian Orser, who runs Cricket Club where Fedor was skating this year, also said he'd be skating for A'bn next year, although I don't think he's certain who will coach him. All I was told during the week of Worlds was that Fedor had not yet received (or perhaps provided) the proper documentation, so his inclusion on the entry list was premature.

Sorry I can't help you more, I kind of dropped the story when the Canadians said they'd free him next season: it's not of that much interest to the general public, although I realize FA has quite a following out there.

It appears that the ISU isn't the only organization sending mixed messages. :sheesh: SC informed Mr. Milton that Andreev would be released next season, but their PR coordinator told me that he was freed on Feb. 20. It's interesting that Mr. Milton also heard that Fedor's paperwork was incomplete and that his appearance on the Entries List was a mistake. This is the first time it has been suggested that there may by multiple reasons why we didn't see him skate at Worlds.

Do you guys suppose we're finally getting closer to the truth, or am I still hopelessly jumping through hoops? :think:

Last edited: