Article about reinstating Qualifying Rounds | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Article about reinstating Qualifying Rounds

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
When I said it would be an injustice i was referring to comparing scores from different competitions. E.g. senior B competitions seem to be more generously scored. We're all in agreement that national scoring cannot be compared because of the inflated marks. 4CCs is fast becoming a comeptition notorious for its overmarking - much more so than Europeans. That is why there would be injustices in using scores from those competitions as any kind of qualifier.

Although I see your point, I still don't feel it is an injustice. What's most important is getting the best skaters in the World to actually compete at Worlds. If some of the second-tier skaters from 4CC make it in over some of the second-tier skaters from Euros because of differences in judging, oh well.

It depends who does get the two GPs though because we have many inconsistent skaters who can skate one great competition and bomb the next, if their highest score isused they do have an advantage over a lesser skater skating only one GP. Would more qualify to the GPF? If they do, does the GPF become more like worlds, or in fact more important since countries aren't limited by numbers?

Well, I mean, think about what you just said - "they have an advantage over a lesser skater". If you are a better skater than someone else, then you by definition have an advantage over them. If someone is only good enough to get 1 GP slot (in the GP as I envision it), then they almost surely aren't a good enough skater to go to Worlds. If a skater is able to get a high enough score to qualify for Worlds at just one competition, then they clearly have the talent. Inconsistency is sorta irrelevant.

I don't think the GPF should be changed, btw.