Dance - Free | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Dance - Free

rain

Record Breaker
Well they beat V/M in the Free and Original dance. V/M had a great compulsory dance which saved their butts here!

Yes, I really don't think anyone can complain they were held up by the judges. I thought they should have clearly won the CD, in the OD they were only 6th and then 4th in the FD (with really tight scoring between the top 4 teams).

I just hope now that the Russians have won we don't have that incredibly frustrating dynasty thing going on, where they'll win everything they enter from now on, no matter what happens on the ice. The last several years have been the most exciting I've ever seen in dance, largely due to the fact that the outcomes of competitions really were undecided and any one of 4-5 teams were in the running and it came down to the actual skates. That's how it should be. Whenever the Russians have hit the top of the podium in the past, that has all gone away. Here's hoping the rivalries continue.

jettasian

Match Penalty
That was really good, no matter what a "tiny here, little there" Tracy is talking about.

Tracy as Tracy Wilson?? She's doing com for US?
OMG, no wonder I was wondering where did she go...she was with Kurt doing the women, then suddenly disappeared...wow, that lady has 2 jobs? :rofl:

casken

On the Ice
I agree with both D&s over B&A and V&M over D&W.

K&M
Good straight line lift
Good circ footwork - slower at the end
Excellent combo lift
difficult combo spin
difficult rot lift with unique entry/exit
Aggressive SL footwork
Great lift
Fantabulous final lift!

Well, that was very good. Who knows what will happen.

I would have it.;

1. V&M
2. D&S
3. B&A
4. K&N
5. P&B
6. D&W

They're behind P&B!??!?!?

France misses 3 spots by one team!!!!!!!

*Sniper*

On the Ice
I don't know much about dance, but I enjoyed this last group.
Belbin and Agosto, yet again SO CLOSE!!

By the way, is it just me, or do these LA crowd not know how to sustain an applause more than 10 seconds??

beep_beep

Medalist
Oh wow the WESTERN BLOC is so obvious isn't it? The BIAS toward the AMERICANS here is just STAGGERING!! Everyone knows that SILVER is the most coveted medal! Those judges are just in the pocket of the Amerg whjegjk^^%

*** SARCASM OVERLOAD ***

OK. Whatever. I thought the top 4 dance teams were great, I'm sad for Tanith & Ben, and I'm even more sad for fools who are calling this judging biased toward the Americans.

Were you on the ladies thread :p

LeCygne

Final Flight
:disapp: I'm sad. I really wanted Tanith & Ben to win. I can't say Domnina/Shabalin weren't good, but ughh it sucks. And it sucks that Meryl & Charlie don't get a medal. And that I lost 2 hours of sleep for this. Boo, this has been a baaad day.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Huh. What did they get deducted for?

ETA: Well, looking back I have to compliment the TV editors a bit, or at least point out that they did their job. Before D/S's score came up they kept cutting between them and B/A for the reaction shot, and when D/S won they had the decency not to cut back to B/A. That would have been a bit low. I really hope they're not too upset...they had a great skate, it was close; they should be proud. They can just keep getting better and better and show the world what they're made of next year, at the biggest stage of all.

Last edited:

MissCleo

On the Ice
I kinda figured that the standings after the OD would be final. Yesterday i thought that b/a would score a better fd than D/S and D/W would score a better V/M. I knew that it would happen, but it still sucks.

beep_beep

Medalist
Oh, look at us.

We got through this entire FD without bashing !
We should be proud.

And K/N scores are sooooo low...

evangeline

Record Breaker
Oh wow the WESTERN BLOC is so obvious isn't it? The BIAS toward the AMERICANS here is just STAGGERING!! Everyone knows that SILVER is the most coveted medal! Those judges are just in the pocket of the Amerg whjegjk^^%

*** SARCASM OVERLOAD ***

OK. Whatever. I thought the top 4 dance teams were great, I'm sad for Tanith & Ben, and I'm even more sad for fools who are calling this judging biased toward the Americans.

I don't think anyone here talking about ice dance is calling the judging baised toward the Americans. That was during the ladies' SP, which is a whole other story...

jettasian

Match Penalty
I have a feeling that V/M had left their costumes in the hotel and they were just wearing their training outfits....

oxade21

Match Penalty
Tracy as Tracy Wilson?? She's doing com for US?
OMG, no wonder I was wondering where did she go...she was with Kurt doing the women, then suddenly disappeared...wow, that lady has 2 jobs? :rofl:

She tried really hard not be biased and her attempts were kinda cute. She fianlly just uttered "I would not want to be in judges place right now" right before D/S scores came up. LOL.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Damn France lost the third spot by 1 standing. This means I don't get to see C/J in Vancouver?

Big cheers for Nathalie and Fabian!!

oxade21

Match Penalty
Oh, look at us.

We got through this entire FD without bashing !
We should be proud.

And K/N scores are sooooo low...

I believe they became the tradeoff coin in behind the curtain games.
However, their performances this week did not help the matter. Tonight they were underwhelming.