Exhibition | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Exhibition

gio

Medalist
I won't watch it, if you say that the skaters didn't interact with audience. That's not my concept of a Gala.

Oh, I miss the Galas of 10 years ago with Yagudin, Plush, Slutskaya, Kwan, Candeloro, Weiss, Stojko, Tobel, Gusmeroli, Anissina/Peizerat, Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze, Sale/Pelletier, FusarPoli/Margaglio, Bourne/Kratz, Ruh ...
Those exhibitions were REAL exhibitions. And we were all waiting to watch it.

I understand why TV channels don't want to broadcast exhibitions anymore.

figuristka

Medalist
I won't watch it, if you say that the skaters didn't interact with audience. That's not my concept of a Gala.

Oh, I miss the Galas of 10 years ago with Yagudin, Plush, Slutskaya, Kwan, Candeloro, Weiss, Stojko, Tobel, Gusmeroli, Anissina/Peizerat, Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze, Sale/Pelletier, FusarPoli/Margaglio, Bourne/Kratz, Ruh ...
Those exhibitions were REAL exhibitions. And we were all waiting to watch it.

I understand why TV channels don't want to broadcast exhibitions anymore.
I miss these days too. Weren't they just wonderful? Glad i have a few favourites now to cheer on though, but now i am 30 something i feel so old as now no skaters are as old as me anymore lol. Glad i could watch these skaters will always have fond memories.
I still think it would be nice for them broadcast Gala's from big events they are much better than these small professional shows where you get a singer or group singing and the skaters are skating to it. SOI was always good though. I remember usually after skaters interacted with the audience could they have when the broadcast ended?

viv

On the Ice
They win and skate great and then she gets too sick to celebrate :(...

Well, it often happens that you can surpress a flu or something as long as the stress is on, and as soon as the stress is over you get sick. I don't think they made anything up, why should they?

viv

On the Ice
The performances I enjoyed most were Mao (yes, she definitely should do a Tango program next year), Tomas (I loved all of his programs this year), Miki and D&S.

Mikis exhibition dress was the best of the whole week, IMO.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Can anybody post the link at Domnina and Shabalin exh. number? I've been watching Exhibition online last night but then had some problems with my computer and had to restart it :mad: So I just missed their performance :cry:

Just watched it! Wow! It was something different from them! And I've never seen before some of the elements

Last edited:

screech

Final Flight
I wish I looked as good in my jeans as Tessa does!

I also wish that Mao and Brian would skate to music similar to their exhibitions next year! I liked the softer side of Brian more than Techno-Pelvic-Thrstnig Brian and I loved how much joy and energy Mao skated her exhibition with!

I would love to see Brian do something softer in competition. I never thought I'd say this, but he has very graceful arms! I wish he would use his presentation skills more. He would be a great Romeo. He can be a beautiful skater. But sadly, I don't know if he'd leave his Techno thrusts for competition. I have a feeling he'd love to do something softer but isn't allowed so has to save it for exhibition.

Highlights for me: Tomas and Brian.

Tomas for 2010 O's Champion!

viv

On the Ice
Can anybody post the link at Domnina and Shabalin exh. number? I've been watching Exhibition online last night but then had some problems with my computer and had to restart it :mad: So I just missed their performance :cry:

Just watched it! Wow! It was something different from them! And I've never seen before some of the elements

I really enjoyed that one too. Hendryk Schamberger said on German Eurosport, Domnina&Shabalin and Lysacek for him were the performances of the day!

I did make it to the Gala which I normally avoid. It was good to see Alissa do such a nice job. Too bad she didn't use it for her SP. I believe the US would have gotten 13 points in final. (5+8)