MICHELLE & SCOTT WILLIAMS | Golden Skate

MICHELLE & SCOTT WILLIAMS

R

RealtorGal

MICHELLE & SCOTT WILLIAMS

<span style="color:blue;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:medium;">How much credit should be given to Scott Williams for Michelle's amazing performances at this year's Nationals & Worlds?</span>

T

tdnuva

Re: MICHELLE & SCOTT WILLIAMS

Well I voted for the fourth option - was nice to see him in the K&C corner... :)

But I think what he did was supporting her in a way which gave her more consistency. To me she was sure she would do it - something I couldn't really see at the Olys.

What I'm still waiting for is more of his input into her choreography... <ducking in case of all MK fans throw silly things at me> ;-)

D

Dee4707

I voted for other, too. I think she needs someone and she seems to respect Scott. I just hope she keeps him. Although I don't comment a lot on Michelle issues, I think her Olympic LP performance was to say the least not one of her best. If only she had the skate then like she did at Worlds. I also think that Michelle needs a coach whether it be Scott or anyone else. Just my opinions.

Dee

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

I think she would have done just as well without him...

however I don't really see much of a *change* so *shrugs* I picked other

S

sk8ing lady2001

IMO, he completely reinvented her and deserves all the credit. :)

J

Joesitz

I wouldn't say he 'reinvented her' but I would say he 'fine tuned her'. He was able to get the lead out of her pants, so to speak. It's still MK but a more assured MK than before.

Her jumps are solid; her spins have gotten speed, her confidence is over the top. I believe Scott was able to add this to the whole package.

Joe

M

mathman444

When Michelle first started woking with Frank Carroll, she was a little girl and Frank -- old enough to be her grandfather -- was an authority figure for her.

Now that Michelle has come into her majority, her needs are different. It's more of a team now, with Michelle drawing on the talents of lots of different people -- Williams, Morosov, her sister Karen, etc. Wouldn't it be cool to be one of Michelle's inner circle and get to be in on discussions about music, choreography, etc., for the coming season?

Mathman

S

sk8cynic

I think one of the positive influences that came from Scott coaching is that when he took her on as a student, there was no "baggageof youth" attached to her. I often have wondered if coaches who have worked with a skater since childhood have a more difficult time treating them as adults and tailoring the skating style/choreography to suit.

Michelle's programs this season, IMO, displayed a maturity and sophistication I haven't seen from her. Her previous programs were well-choreographed, etc., but when she skated at Nats and Worlds this year it was the first time I thought of her as a woman and not a young adult.

Now.....if she'd just wear the Raider hair next season!!!!

P

Pookie

I think with Scott she gained a new perspective and encouragement to try some different things.
She's not the little girl that started out with Frank. Sometimes you have to move on in order to grow.
I think with Scott, Michelle's skating has been able to grow.

P

Ptichka

I think Scott seserves some credit. I think Michelle chose her path this season herself, but I think it was important for her to have the back up of a coach who understood her vision.

M

mathman444

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Now.....if she'd just wear the Raider hair next season!!!![/quote]:rollin: :rollin: :rollin: