Carolina's interview was NOT fake!!! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Carolina's interview was NOT fake!!!

gio

Medalist
I saw that the original thread was taken down. I think what Mathman was saying is that Carolina did an interview, and gave her answers. Then somebody edited the video and changed the questions that were asked.

Well, he should have asked me, before deleting the thread, since he doesn't even speak Italian. To think about something doesn't mean you know about something. I agree that I made a mistake not explaining this was a funny program, a satyrical program.
But he should have asked at least. He doesn't know about the program that was broadcasted on a major TV channel and on almost all newspapers. Don't you think if the interview was slandering Kostner, she would sue the broadcaster?
That's not the case, since she know what kind of program "Le Iene" (because it's very famous) is and what kind of questions they make.
The newspaper "La Gazzetta" that sponsored the Olympics even wrote an article about her and her boyfriend and their habitudes.

Anyway how could he say it was fake, since Caro does really say with her voice in German something funny. Medusa can confirm, since she speaks German. This phrase was actually said by Carolina.

From now on, after solving the problem with Mathman (I hope we will continue to be friendly, since I'm not angry at all, but just disappointed), if I continue to stay here (I don't want to leave the forum), I'll talk just about "Lutzes and Biellmanns" as I almost always did.

Last edited:
What?! How can that phony-baloney looking video be real? The interviewer is not shown asking the questions, and every time Carolina gives the next answer the tape jerks like the answer has been spliced in.

In these days of photoshopping and video editing you can make anyone look like they are saying or doing anything. In other words, what Polymer Bob wrote above. (Example: all those videos posted by Mao fans and Yu-na fans trying to make the other skater look bad.)

Anyway, 1000 apologies to Gio. I never thought that you had done anything wrong, just that you had been fooled by someone who made a fake video.

I guess I am the one who ended up looking foolish. :cool: Thanks especially to eleonora.d for the details about this show and broadcast.

By the way, the original thread was not deleted, just hidden. This is standard procedure for threads that the moderators want to discuss before deciding what to do. In this case I went off half cocked on my own. We will straighten it out shortly.

Again, I am sorry to have acted impulsively without checking with Gio first. Gio is a valued GS member whose posts are always most welcome. :)

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Well, he should have asked me, before deleting the thread, since he doesn't even speak Italian. To think about something doesn't mean you know about something. I agree that I made a mistake not explaining this was a funny program, a satyrical program.

The post itself was deleted mostly because of its content. Gio, you must understand that people of ALL AGES post on this board. While some of us found it funny, you must take a step back and realize that there are children below the age of thirteen who come to this board. Some people who posted on the Carolina thread said that people need to be less conservative. Yes, some people need to be "freer" with their words, but not at the expense of others.

I am glad Carolina is open with her life (and was disappointed when she missed the top 10 at worlds); however, we all need to keep in mind that there are posters, and viewers who come to this board who are either not of the age, or just do not want to read that content. And at this point in the season, any time we see interview with such and such skater, we jump to that thread.

gio

Medalist
Thanks Mathman!! :) Friends as before! ;)

I apologize too of not explaining better what kind of program this is. :yes: I was a little bit silly to not contestualise it, as eleonora.d said.

What sport does her boyfriend do?

He is a race walker, who won gold in Beijing this year at Olympics.

Last edited:

Andalusia

Final Flight
From now on, after solving the problem with Mathman (I hope we will continue to be friendly, since I'm not angry at all, but just disappointed), if I continue to stay here (I don't want to leave the forum), I'll talk just about "Lutzes and Biellmanns" as I almost always did.

Please talk about more than that. I've always enjoyed your posts. :)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, please do continue posting, gio! I enjoy your posts!! :rock:

As for the Carolina interview, I :love: it! I'm so glad you shared it!

Kostner's my girl (one of them)!:cool: She has such a lovable and funny personality. Very cool! :bow::love:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
To Mathman and gio,
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Ditto.

(I put a smiley next to my "Ditto", but was informed that was one image too many lol only 15 are allowed, so I had to remove my smiley. Now I should love to put a winky here, but lol that would be another image. C'est la vie lol)

I would like to add one more note.

The coolest thing about Gio's original thread was that it sparked an interesting discussion about cultural norms in different parts of the world. Medusa, in particular, made a nice post.

Golden Skate aspires to be a truly international figure skating board. Of course we cherish all our U.S. and Canadian members. We have a good representation from Asia, especially Japan, and also some South American and Australian contributors, which is very cool because figure skating is not a big sport in many countries south of the equator.

But the fact is, we really, really, really would like to attract more European posters. Tell your friends! Post often, post long! :)

Last edited:

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Thanks Mathman. I like the atmosphere in this board because there are so many different point of views. I also have the chance to exercise the language and, mabye, let someone else know more about my country and figure skating in my country.

Audrey19

On the Ice
So can the clip be seen? I couldn't find the original thread, is it going to be released? It sounds very interesting :)
Thanks Gio, Eleonora and Mathman for clearing everything up!
I agree, it's great that GS is such an international forum. I learned many things about skating, other countries and enlarged my vocabulary
Thank you GS! :rock:

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I am glad I got to see it before it was hidden. Now that I know the contextualized background, I can understand how that would be hilarious to watch when originally aired. Thanks to all who cleared this up!

Watching Carolina fly across the ice is a wonder! Now I just wish she could learn to control that speed into her jumps! She's a national treasure for Italy and figure skating around the world. :clap::clap::clap:

viv

On the Ice
...And IME European and NAmerican norms about talking about sexual relationships are very different (with NAmericans being much more reserved and/or puritanical). This would mean that many NAmericans would think very negatively of her for saying such things in public (making it slander even though no one can deny she said them).

Mafke, I think you are right here - I thought this very often before, in regards of figure skating discussions and otherwise.
As for the interview, I read it and I thought it was really funny. For me it's quite obvious that it is all about giving witty answers playing with the ambiguity of the questions, not about revealing THE TRUTH. The satirical overtone was quite obvious to me, but, then, I am a (Continental-)European myself.

And, gio - please keep on posting. I very often enjoy your posts a lot. :)

viv

On the Ice
I somehow got confused with where I posted my previous reply - so, sorry if I made a mistake.